Crabs

justbeachy

can be a real beach
When do the crabs start showing up in the bay. I was living here last summer but I don't remember. :confused:

K_Jo

Pea Brain
PREMO Member
I don't know, but my new favorite show is Deadliest Catch! Damn the bastard that is the Bering Sea! :popcorn:

baileydog

I wanna be a SMIB
justbeachy said:
When do the crabs start showing up in the bay. I was living here last summer but I don't remember. :confused:

I think it was April or May. I google it to find out. Im ready, where are the crabs.

D

dems4me

baileydog said:
I think it was April or May. I google it to find out. Im ready, where are the crabs.

If I remember correctly you can't crab legally until 4/15/06 and with a crabbing license which is only a 2.00 fee added onto your fishing license if you opt to get both at the same time. :smile:

unixpirate

Pitty Party
jazz lady said:
That's a hell of a show, isn't it? I've seen it a couple of times. "World's Most Dangerous Job" ain't lying. :faint:

Love Deadliest Catch :yay: New ones just started this past Tuesday.

Cash Cab rocks also.

K_Jo

Pea Brain
PREMO Member
jazz lady said:
That's a hell of a show, isn't it? I've seen it a couple of times. "World's Most Dangerous Job" ain't lying. :faint:
Did you see the season premiere the other night? There's a "never leave on a Friday" superstition, but evidently, making a counter-clockwise circle before going out to sea cancels it out. :lmao:

I wish George Clooney was on one of those boats. :drool:

unixpirate

Pitty Party
K_Jo said:
Did you see the season premiere the other night? There's a "never leave on a Friday" superstition, but evidently, making a counter-clockwise circle before going out to sea cancels it out. :lmao:

I said Tuesday :smack: geesh!

:huggy:

Vince

Don't know when crabing starts, but I do know they are going to be plentiful this year. Just hope the price is a little lower.

justbeachy

can be a real beach
dems4me said:
If I remember correctly you can't crab legally until 4/15/06 and with a crabbing license which is only a 2.00 fee added onto your fishing license if you opt to get both at the same time. :smile:
TY Dems :huggy:

itsbob

I bowl overhand
K_Jo said:
I don't know, but my new favorite show is Deadliest Catch! Damn the bastard that is the Bering Sea! :popcorn:
Pissed I have to wait a week to see if the boat with one engine makes it back in time to recover his pots..

itsbob

I bowl overhand
K_Jo said:

The guy that narrates it has to be one of the busiest people on TV.. he narrates that show, DOES Dirty Jobs, Narrates a local Real Estate show, and Narrates a few others for Discovery too..

itsbob

I bowl overhand
dems4me said:
Unless they changed the rules, recreational crabbers don't need a license.. didn't we have this argument about the same time last year?!?

D

dems4me

itsbob said:
Unless they changed the rules, recreational crabbers don't need a license.. didn't we have this argument about the same time last year?!?

Yes, recreational crabbers don't need a license if they are on a boat and the owner of the boat has a license. You don't need one if its from your own peir.... you can get a crabbing license for 2.00. You can get a comemrcial license for a whole lot more than that and a waiting list as I recall it. I'd be willing to wager on this and I think this is teh same stance I said last year... As long as one crabber has their recreational crabbing license you can get a bushel of crabs - - no more than a bushel. however, if crabber number two with you happens to have a crabbing license, you can get up to 2 bushels... and no more :banghead: if you and jo blow get a wild hair and decide to go crabbing... one of you two needs to have a crabbing license. Similarly, if you go fishing, you woud need a fishing license.

Last edited by a moderator:

itsbob

I bowl overhand
dems4me said:
Yes, recreational crabbers don't need a license if they are on a boat and the owner of the boat has a license. You don't need one if its from your own peir.... you can get a crabbing license for 2.00. You can get a comemrcial license for a whole lot more than that and a waiting list as I recall it. I'd be willing to wager on this and I think this is teh same stance I said last year... As long as one crabber has their recreational crabbing license you can get a bushel of crabs - - no more than a bushel. however, if crabber number two with you happens to have a crabbing license, you can get up to 2 bushels... and no more :banghead:
You don't need a recreational license ANYWHERE in MD.. as long as you aren't using a trot line of so many feet (less then 100 ftmaybe??).. chicken neckers and dippers don't need a license at ALL anywhere..