Neutrogena Pore Refining Cleanser and Toner

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
I'd been using this combination for some time with great results, then flipped over and tried the Philosophy Purity based on the recommendations for it on here. I went for 3 weeks on the Purity, and finally went back to the Neutrogena combo and was amazed at how much better it seemed to be working for me in terms of smoothing/minimizing pores, brightening my complexion, and producing a good healthy glow with or without make-up.

Just thought I'd share that for those with the pore issue who don't want to go poor buying Purity. :lol: Not only is it cheaper, you can get it anywhere (drug stores, walmart, target, etc). :yay:

I have EXTRA sensitive skin with rosacea. Neutrogena tends to irritate my skin. I've been using Aveeno cleanser and it seems to be working alright. But I've been looking for something new. Any other ideas?

crabcake

CableChick said:
I have EXTRA sensitive skin with rosacea. Neutrogena tends to irritate my skin. I've been using Aveeno cleanser and it seems to be working alright. But I've been looking for something new. Any other ideas?
The purity may work (if you haven't tried it). It seems pretty mild (not sudsy/soapy; more creme-cleanser-like). If you want to give it a try, PM me your address. I have the 8 oz bottle and it's still 2/3 full because you don't need much. With a name like "purity", you'd think it'd be okay. :shrug:

crabcake

I looked up the Neutrogena ingredients:

Purified Water, Decyl Polyglucose, Cetyl Alcohol, Ethylene Glycol Distearate, Sodium Laureth 13 Carboxylate, Cocamide MEA, Disodium Lauryl Sulfosuccinate, Polyethylene, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Salicylic Acid, Glycolic Acid, Polyquaternium 11, Linoleamindopropyl PG Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Sodium PCA, PEG 150 Pentaerythrityl Tetrastearate, Hydroxypropyl Guar, Disodium EDTA, BHT, Fragrance
But it doesn't say how much. :ohwell:

Purity Ingredients:
[font=&quot][/font]
water, disodium lauroamphodiacetate, limnanthes alba (meadowfoam) seed oil, coco-glucoside, peg-120 methyl glucose dioleate, aniba rosaeodora (rosewood) wood oil, geranium maculatum oil, guaiacum officinale, cymbopogon martini oil, rosa damascena extract, amyris balsamifera bark oil, santalum album (sandalwood) oil, salvia officinalis (sage) oil, cinnamomum cassia leaf oil, anthemis nobilis flower oil, daucus carota sativa (carrot) seed oil, piper nigrum (black pepper) seed extract, sodium trideceth sulfate, hexylene glycol, cocos nucifera (coconut) alcohol, polysorbate 20, glycerin, carbomer, triethanolamine, methylparaben, propylparaben, imidazolidinyl urea, fd&c yellow no.5
No salicylic acid, but it looks more "herbal/natural". :shrug:

I definately notice a difference in pore appearance w/the Neutrogena products that I didn't see with the Purity; though the Purity was nice for general cleansing. :yay:

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
I've tried the Neutrogena stuff before (still have some in the closet bathroom) but Vrai has since got me hooked on Purity. Want me to send you my leftover Neutrogena, Crabby? :lol:

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
Crabby, I've been using Neutrogena's Pore Refining Cleanser and Toner for a few months now, and my skin is so soft. I also use the Pore Refining Moisturizer, with spf 15, and once a week I use their Glycolic Peel. After I got off depo provera, my skin took a hit, and I searched everywhere for something that would work. This seems to have gotten it back on track. I actually tried Philosophy's Purity, and it didn't do much for me. Their moisturizers were also way too thick for my skin.

I'm not switching anytime soon. :yay:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I love Purity cleaner and Hope In A Jar moisturizer. I've tried others and didn't like them as well, so I see no more need to experiment. I mean, I'm sure I WILL, but there's no need for it. :lol:

I use Neutrogena RapidClear for pore reduction and it works like a charm. I can't get too carried away with microderm and glycolic peels because my poor face starts going crazy.

crabcake

Chasey_Lane said:
I've tried the Neutrogena stuff before (still have some in the closet bathroom) but Vrai has since got me hooked on Purity. Want me to send you my leftover Neutrogena, Crabby? :lol:
Nahh, it's cheap enough that I can pick it up for about the same as it'd cost you to ship it and your hassle, but thanks. :yay:

Pandora

vraiblonde said:
2% salycilic acid - the key ingredient for cleansing and minimizing pores. :yay:

:yeahthat: If it doesn't SAY 2% on the label then I doubt it has the full allowable amount without a prescription in it.

crabcake

CableChick said:
:lol:

So far, so good. I'm so use to Aveeno w/ the little sandy things. This is so smooth I wonder if it's cleaning anything!

No breakout though!! :yay:
:yay: Good deal!

I noticed that it was pretty mild/smooth, but it did clean the skin pretty good. I just like the Neutrogena PR Cleanser better for me, in terms of smoothing out the skin. :smile:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
CableChick said:
I'm the same way with my skin but no rosacea. I'm VERY sensitive to perfumes and additives in products so have to be ultra careful on what I use. I've been using Aveeno products for several years and absolutely love the entire line. I use this on my face every morning in the shower. :yay:

jazz lady said:
I'm the same way with my skin but no rosacea. I'm VERY sensitive to perfumes and additives in products so have to be ultra careful on what I use. I've been using Aveeno products for several years and absolutely love the entire line. I use this on my face every morning in the shower. :yay:

I haven't tried that one. I used this and love it! :yay: