Bicycling?

forever jewel said:
Thinking of getting a bike for the road (possibly trail, once in a while anyway)...Any suggestions?
In all seriousness... PM Otter... he is our resident bike expert.

jwwb2000

pretty black roses
I really like the Trek bike my husband bought for me a few years ago. Rides super smooth and the gears are easy to change between.

K

Katie

forever jewel said:
Thinking of getting a bike for the road (possibly trail, once in a while anyway)...Any suggestions?

The best suggestion I can give you is to go to a bike shop and talk to them. Tell them the type of riding that you want to do. Road bikes are pretty $$, but a hyrbrid is reasonablely priced. The hybrid will have the upright handlebars like a mountain bike, but not have the knobby tires. It can be ridden on trails also.

I used Pax Adventure Center in Solomon's for all my biking stuff, but Mike's Bikes are also good here in St. Mary's.

forever jewel

Green Eyed Lady
Katie said:
The best suggestion I can give you is to go to a bike shop and talk to them. Tell them the type of riding that you want to do. Road bikes are pretty $$, but a hyrbrid is reasonablely priced. The hybrid will have the upright handlebars like a mountain bike, but not have the knobby tires. It can be ridden on trails also.

I used Pax Adventure Center in Solomon's for all my biking stuff, but Mike's Bikes are also good here in St. Mary's.

Thanks Katie! :high5: I will probably end up doing that. Waiting until the semester is over before I start looking around.

jwwb2000

pretty black roses
Katie said:

We used The Bike Doctor up in Waldorf. Although I didn't see paying what I did for the bike I have but glad I did in the long run. It makes for a nice ride.

Midnightrider

forever jewel said:
Thanks Katie! :high5: I will probably end up doing that. Waiting until the semester is over before I start looking around.
I used the Bike Dr in waldorf when i got my last one too, and I have always been happy with Treks. But Mike on Great Mills seems like he is pretty honest, and wants to make a deal usually.

If i were you i would ask around campus and see if you can find someone who wants to sell theirs at the end of the year
Good luck

forever jewel

Green Eyed Lady
Midnightrider said:
I used the Bike Dr in waldorf when i got my last one too, and I have always been happy with Treks. But Mike on Great Mills seems like he is pretty honest, and wants to make a deal usually.

If i were you i would ask around campus and see if you can find someone who wants to sell theirs at the end of the year
Good luck

Didn't think about that! Hmmm, that ain't a half-bad idea, Midnight :yay:

Midnightrider

forever jewel said:
Didn't think about that! Hmmm, that ain't a half-bad idea, Midnight :yay:
apparently i'm only half- braindead

Oh, when i went to school there, at the end of the year they had a bike sale, all the ones public works had collected or that were left behind, you had to get there early, but there was usually atleast one or two nice ones in the bunch.
good luck.

forever jewel

Green Eyed Lady
Midnightrider said:
apparently i'm only half- braindead

Oh, when i went to school there, at the end of the year they had a bike sale, all the ones public works had collected or that were left behind, you had to get there early, but there was usually atleast one or two nice ones in the bunch.
good luck.

I'll ask around...I don't remember a sale like that in the last couple years, but then again, I wasn't looking for a bike at the time.

K

Katie

jwwb2000 said:
We used The Bike Doctor up in Waldorf. Although I didn't see paying what I did for the bike I have but glad I did in the long run. It makes for a nice ride.

You don't even want to know what I paid for my road bike. It cost more than my first car did. Would I pay it again, dang straight I would. My next bike will be a triathlon bike.

Midnightrider

Katie said:
You don't even want to know what I paid for my road bike. It cost more than my first car did. Would I pay it again, dang straight I would. My next bike will be a triathlon bike.
I know the feeling, i took the tag off before i loaded my trek into the truck for the ride home. I had to set the goal of 1 mile for each dollar i spent. I might have a couple left to go :whistle: but i got real close last summer

K

Katie

Midnightrider said:
I know the feeling, i took the tag off before i loaded my trek into the truck for the ride home. I had to set the goal of 1 mile for each dollar i spent. I might have a couple left to go :whistle: but i got real close last summer

:lmao:

I have over 150 miles so far this season.