Scheibles or Courtneys?

R

Revvin67

I understand these are the only two restaurants nearby Point Lookout. Any feedback? :coffee:

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Revvin67 said:
I understand these are the only two restaurants nearby Point Lookout. Any feedback? :coffee:
Scheibles is good.. Courtney's is a LOT of fun, but be prepared. Courtney's is Southern MD at it's best. It's different, your waiter may show up with his fishin boots on.. Food is OK, but the experience is worth the trip.

Mikeinsmd

itsbob said:
Scheibles is good.. Courtney's is a LOT of fun, but be prepared. Courtney's is Southern MD at it's best. It's different, your waiter may show up with his fishin boots on.. Food is OK, but the experience is worth the trip.
:yeahthat: Or you could go to a place called "Badgirls". Good grub there too and the company rocks!! :yay: :lmao:

R

Revvin67

I'm all about the SoMd experience. We will check it out.

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
Mikeinsmd said:
:yeahthat: Or you could go to a place called "Badgirls". Good grub there too and the company rocks!! :yay: :lmao:
7BadGirl's is closed for business tonight. Management didn't get in the grocery delivery for the week and ran out of food items to serve the crowd. Come back next week, ya' hear?

Seriously, can someone make dinner for me and bring it over? :begging:

Oh yea, and bring something for Bob, too. However, if you can only bring something over for ONE person, make sure my name is on the package. TIA

Mikeinsmd

BadGirl said:
7BadGirl's is closed for business tonight. Management didn't get in the grocery delivery for the week and ran out of food items to serve the crowd. Come back next week, ya' hear? Seriously, can someone make dinner for me and bring it over? :begging: Oh yea, and bring something for Bob, too. However, if you can only bring something over for ONE person, make sure my name is on the package. TIA
I'll bring y'all something but Bob has to watch the race!!! :lmao:

R

Revvin67

ladylara said:
scheible's has THE BEST crab soup i've ever tasted. it's worth the drive for us from lusby just to get that! insanely good. decent shrimp, too!

http://scheibles.homestead.com/Scheibles.html
Thanks Lady.

We ended up tryin out the newly refurbished Stoneys at Broomes Island. Great other than the wait. Everyone outside got too cooooold so they had to find seats inside. We waited an hour.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Revvin67 said:
Thanks Lady.

We ended up tryin out the newly refurbished Stoneys at Broomes Island. Great other than the wait. Everyone outside got too cooooold so they had to find seats inside. We waited an hour.
Broomes ISland?? You never REALLY made it to the REAL Southern Maryland then.. You missed an experience you would have talked aobut for years to come not going to Courtneys!

IF they ever open their doors again, Spinnakers is a great place to eat, but again NOT the SOMD experience you were looking for.

snuzzy

Revvin67 said:
Thanks Lady.

What's refurbished about it? What changes have they made?...I live near there and just received a gift certificate for Stoney's, may try them out one evening this week. Did they serve your food on styrofoam, or real plates...? TIA for any info. :flowers:

R

Revvin67

Still going just had a time frame. G'ma watchin the kids so we had to stay somewhat close to home. Still gonna check it out maybe next Sat eve.

R

Revvin67

snuzzy said:
What's refurbished about it? What changes have they made?...I live near there and just received a gift certificate for Stoney's, may try them out one evening this week. Did they serve your food on styrofoam, or real plates...? TIA for any info. :flowers:
The did a complete remodel from what I was told. Everything looks brand new and clean. The serving ware still plastic and faux china. Typical waterway seafood. Twice as nice as Capt Billys and much better food but similar prices.

HorseLady

Painted Spirit
Have you tried the Crabby Oyster in Dahlgren? It is near the Food Lion on 301. We love the fast service, no waiting time that we've ever been there, great food and very reasonably priced. We always take folks over there!

R

Revvin67

HorseLady said:
Have you tried the Crabby Oyster in Dahlgren? It is near the Food Lion on 301. We love the fast service, no waiting time that we've ever been there, great food and very reasonably priced. We always take folks over there!

Thanks for the tip. NOT at all SoMd but what the hey? :elaine:

L

ladylara

Revvin67 said:
Thanks Lady.

no prob - definitly give it a try next time you are going out (and willing to drive quite a ways)

love the stoney's on broome's island. wonderful hot crab dip! stay FAR away from the one in solomons... HORRIBLE service.

sockgirl77

Revvin67 said:
Scheible's :yay:
Courtney's :ohwell:

What about The old Southridge? I can't remember what it is called now. It'll probably change tomorrow.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
sockgirl77 said:
Scheible's :yay:
Courtney's :ohwell:

What about The old Southridge? I can't remember what it is called now. It'll probably change tomorrow.
Dew South?

MysticalMom

Witchy Woman
RoseRed said:
Dew South?

Dew South is yummy too. It took them awhile after they took over to clean up the nasty ole kitchen, but it's all clean and up to code now. The cook, Toot, is a really good cook and the crab soup is :yum:

sockgirl77

just.me said:
The crab soup is frozen, as are a lot of their entrees...:lmao:
Courtney's, however, is not.....
OK. I think that I am getting them confused. Which one has the pool table?