Linda's on the Square

locallady

work smarter not harder!
Had a good meal at Linda's new location. Service was slightly slow in comparison to what we are use to Lexington Park. I would have to say that they did do a wonderful job on building the place, but it does not seem like home with out all of the knick knacks hanging on the wall. But other than linda being on the grill and trying to do everthing herself, it is the same comfort food that I have grown to love.

I enjoy the fact that she is open on Sunday's and this sunday she is doing some sort of Mother's Day buffet and still menu items as well. I wish her the best!

BuddyLee

Football addict
I was going to step in to have dinner there tonight but they looked closed. We went next door to Monks instead.:yum:

Pete

Repete
Boy and I went this morning, it was terrible. First we sat at the counter for 15 minutes waiting for the waitress to stop. Then we ordered and waited another 25 minutes until she came back to refill the drinks for the 3rd time and said it would be just a few minutes more. Sitting across from the grill I knew that was :bs: because there was nothing close to what we ordered on the grill. I told her screw it, "we will just pay for the drinks and go". They went to the grill and looked at the 8 tickets hanging there and all pointed to it and scratched their heads. They said they didn't see it there :duh: They said 5 minutes, I said OK. Meanwhile During that 25 minutes, the people sitting next to us finally got their food and the guys eggs were wrong. They took it back and scraped the eggs into the trash, huddled for a minute, sat the plate on the counter and started remaking the eggs. He got torqued because now everything else was going to be cold by the time the eggs were done. Finally in frustration he said screw it cancel the order and his kids ate theirs and and he left.

Linda's being a local icon may give them a little extra leeway but if that crap keeps up they will be closed in 6 months. $17 for a 45 minute wait for 3 hotcakes and an omelet is total :bs:

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
I was in there yesterday afternoon. Know one of the waitresses and she was about in tears because of the way the cooks had been screwing up orders all day.

Pete

Repete
Boy and I went this morning, it was terrible. First we sat at the counter for 15 minutes waiting for the waitress to stop. Then we ordered and waited another 25 minutes until she came back to refill the drinks for the 3rd time and said it would be just a few minutes more. Sitting across from the grill I knew that was :bs: because there was nothing close to what we ordered on the grill. I told her screw it, "we will just pay for the drinks and go". They went to the grill and looked at the 8 tickets hanging there and all pointed to it and scratched their heads. They said they didn't see it there :duh: They said 5 minutes, I said OK. Meanwhile During that 25 minutes, the people sitting next to us finally got their food and the guys eggs were wrong. They took it back and scraped the eggs into the trash, huddled for a minute, sat the plate on the counter and started remaking the eggs. He got torqued because now everything else was going to be cold by the time the eggs were done. Finally in frustration he said screw it cancel the order and his kids ate theirs and and he left.

Linda's being a local icon may give them a little extra leeway but if that crap keeps up they will be closed in 6 months. $17 for a 45 minute wait for 3 hotcakes and an omelet is total :bs:

OK, they made it 17 months before it closed up. We went there 1 more time since this time in May of 06, and it sucked butt then too.