Stomach Biopsy

CMC122

Go Braves!
If you mean the stomach lining getting sampled when you have an EGD done it's no big deal. :yay:

I've seen it done lots of times:yay::yay:

CMC122

Go Braves!
jaie said:
Yes. So what did they check your biopsy for if you don't mind me asking?
I've never had to have it done, I just used to work at a Endoscopy center and for a gastroenterologist.

Depends on what they are looking for or what they find:shrug: Could be looking for hypilori bacteria or cancer:shrug: Each case is different depends on the problems you're having or displaying.

You should be having a consult with the Doctor to go over all of this prior to having the procedure.

jaie

So happy!
CMC122 said:
I've never had to have it done, I just used to work at a Endoscopy center and for a gastroenterologist.

Depends on what they are looking for or what they find:shrug: Could be looking for hypilori bacteria or cancer:shrug: Each case is different depends on the problems you're having or displaying.

You should be having a consult with the Doctor to go over all of this prior to having the procedure.
Well I had just gotten done with my colonoscopy and I was a little out of it and upset that I have to get something else done. I was just really wondering if I was going to be in pain because of the biopsy.

CMC122

Go Braves!
jaie said:
Well I had just gotten done with my colonoscopy and I was a little out of it and upset that I have to get something else done. I was just really wondering if I was going to be in pain because of the biopsy.
Nope:yay:

You get the same drugs you recieved with the colonoscopy and won't recall or feel anything afterwards:yay::yay:

unixpirate

Pitty Party
jaie said:

I get an Endoscopy every year, colonoscopy every 2 years. Grandmother died of colon cancer. I was diagnosed with the Hpilori Germ. They spray your throat with this numbing stuff. You will be given some sedation. What they give me knocks me out, which I prefer anyway. But if you don't get knocked out, your mildly awake. NO biggie. No pain. They send a little camera down your throat, with a little claw looking thing and will take a piece of tissue off your stomach wall. Or if there is sores, they will take some tissue from that as well.

You must be experiencing something if there doing what they are doing or want to do.

jaie

So happy!
unixpirate said:
I get an Endoscopy every year, colonoscopy every 2 years. Grandmother died of colon cancer. I was diagnosed with the Hpilori Germ. They spray your throat with this numbing stuff. You will be given some sedation. What they give me knocks me out, which I prefer anyway. But if you don't get knocked out, your mildly awake. NO biggie. No pain. They send a little camera down your throat, with a little claw looking thing and will take a piece of tissue off your stomach wall. Or if there is sores, they will take some tissue from that as well.

You must be experiencing something if there doing what they are doing or want to do.
Yea I have had one done a back in 98' but they didn't take anything then so I wasn't sure if there was going to be some discomfort or not because of the biopsy.

jaie

So happy!
BS Gal said:
They're not painful. You'll be fine.
I have had it done before just not the biopsy part so I didn't know if I was going to be sore where they take the biopsy from.