Looking to do a little off roading!

SVTLightning13

Just got myself a Jeep and im looking to get it a little muddy. I really don't want to get arrested for trespassing and its hard to find places that I can go. Anyone else with Jeeps or off road vehicles know anywhere good to go? Please let me know.

:larry:

cholo

¡Tengo una tarjeta verde!
SVTLightning13 said:
Just got myself a Jeep and im looking to get it a little muddy. I really don't want to get arrested for trespassing and its hard to find places that I can go. Anyone else with Jeeps or off road vehicles know anywhere good to go? Please let me know.

You're going to find a lot of people on here that would like to go Jeeping with you. :yay:

SVTLightning13 said:

Utah is awesome. Probably won't get muddy though.

Ponytail

SVTLightning13 said:

Start with www.marylandcreepers.com. I have a heep, but haven't gone wheeling in a couple of years. too busy. I know of a couple of places around here, i just don't know how legal it was/is. power line trails off great mills rd. I pulled a couple of full size blazers outta there no joke. Watch for the Copperheads and Water moccasins though if you go.

Ponytail said:
Start with www.marylandcreepers.com. I have a heep, but haven't gone wheeling in a couple of years. too busy. I know of a couple of places around here, i just don't know how legal it was/is. power line trails off great mills rd. I pulled a couple of full size blazers outta there no joke. Watch for the Copperheads and Water moccasins though if you go.
I drive a heep too, but I always thought it was "heap". :lmao:

sapphirewillow

Being Who I Wanna Be!
SVTLightning13 said:

My poor Jeep hasen't seen mud in about 6 months now........Alot of guys run the powerlines, just be careful they will impound your rig. Your best bet is going to be to find someone with some farmland to let you stomp through. Maryland is totally without any playgrounds. When I hit the lottery I promice to buy several hundred acres and develop a nice set of trails for the Southern Maryland folks.

What kinda Jeep did you get? I'm 2003 X on two inches with 31X10.5......Just enough to stand out from the crowd. :howdy:

wv4x4

I have a 05 LJ with 5" suspension, 1" body on 33's and all kinds of other stuff. I usually go over to VA to wheel cause there are some legal areas.

General Lee

wv4x4 said:
I have a 05 LJ with 5" suspension, 1" body on 33's and all kinds of other stuff. I usually go over to VA to wheel cause there are some legal areas.

I have an 05 LJ as well. Could you post a pic of yours? I really haven't seen an Unlimited lifted. One of these days I'm going to lift mine..... One of these days

wv4x4

General Lee said:
I have an 05 LJ as well. Could you post a pic of yours? I really haven't seen an Unlimited lifted. One of these days I'm going to lift mine..... One of these days

Heres a few
100_1447.jpg

100_1488.jpg

100_1490.jpg

100_1481.jpg

100_1367.jpg

Commune

I've owned a jeep since I was 16, that was 16 years ago and although I've done some 4 wheeling in my time I've never upgraded/lifted/etc my rig. Have an 81 cj5. I've been looking around the past couple weeks at lift kits, engine swaps... wondering. Did your jeep come with leaf springs and then you deleted them when you did your lift conversion? I've seen lots of people without leaf springs on the 4x4 sites and it definitly seems to give them more tire to the trail.

wv4x4

97+ come with coil springs. Below that is leaf springs and yes they make a conversion. You can get a spring over though and it would lift your cj nicely
:yay: