Looking for new Rental place 3br/2br

sgtsprout

Mr. Shud da hell up
Hello all....if anyone can assist in helping me find a 3 br or 2 br with LARGE, master bedroom for CHEAP. Seeing how the cost of living is so high. I would appreciate it. Hopeing no more then 800.

HELPPPPP lol

Jaime

missi1013

Catch Me If You Can!
Where are you willing to move? There are some really nice apts over the bridge in VA in Dalgren. They have a really big master bed room with own bath. Then 2 or 3 other rooms, witch ever you want. They are very nice, but a long drive from St Mary's or Calvert. They run from 2 bedroom $650 to 3 bedroom $750. They have a pool and a rec center.

sgtsprout

Mr. Shud da hell up
Hmmm

Well I don't know that I want to drive that far to BASE. I'd like to be about 30 mins to the work. No mroe then 40 mins I figure. Depends I suppose. But i'd like a single family home. I have 3 small kiddies moving up. 4, 3 year old girls and 4 month ol haus, baby boy. and g/f. thanks

Jaime

DarbyOhara

Musician
Originally posted by sgtsprout
Hello all....if anyone can assist in helping me find a 3 br or 2 br with LARGE, master bedroom for CHEAP. Seeing how the cost of living is so high. I would appreciate it. Hopeing no more then 800.

HELPPPPP lol

Jaime

Well, you didn't specify an area, but if you are seeking something within or around the pax Naval Base... you aren't gonna find anything below 800... unless you happen to find one thru a friend of "good ole boy" friend - or - the local area and/or the place is a dump!

If you're gonna plan on about 800 a month, perhaps you should consider purchasing... reasonable townhouses I see advertised close to Sheets... not sure of the neighborhood though. Just a suggestion...

JabbaJawz

Be about it
Queen Anne Apartments

I recently moved (January) from Queen Anne Park Apartments in Lexington Park and they are pretty big for apartments, and very close to the base as well. Not badly priced either. I had a 3-bedroom and it wasn't much over $800. If you are looking for a single family home though, try Lusby. I am renting a 3-bedroom over there for a very reasonable price and it's roomy and fairly new. :D

sgtsprout

Mr. Shud da hell up
welll

the thing is. I would like to find someone reasonable. I make an ok wage. but there are so many expenses. Such is life--but peopel are ridulous expecting 1200 for a townhouse for a rental. Thats a hell of a lot more then there mortgage. I can guarentee.

I would like a Single family home. I don't want 3 kids in some shitty area, getting taught bad stuff. 3 n 4 year girls need to be brought up right--so to do this I would like a place away from the center of PAX. I will end up takeing what I can get. but I have seen some palces for like 850. One in St. Indigoes. So there are some reasonable people out there.

I don't mind driving 30 mins to work Maybe 40 minsute if I had the right place. But I am not going to pay 1000 for a place 40 minsute away when I can get a place for 975 say. Everyone is like oh well your not going to find anything. I will...I am just someone maybe can be like, oh well HEY, buddy of mine is renting his place out....etc...

HEll I don't mind a trailer. But not in some crappy developement.

Some say well just buy. I don't want to rush buying a place. I need to tkae my time if I am going to buy--so hence----a rental...

But the idea behind renting IS SAVING A BUCK OR TWO. not putting all that money in rent and bills. Otherwise I'll end up like my mom. Nothing to show for myself when i am 50.

Thanks to you all..ya all rock ;-)

Jaime

K

Katie

Affordable Rental

The only thing that I can think of under 800.00 is Queen Anne Apts, and that is two bedroom for 750.00. At least that is what I think they were running. They are 1/4 mile from base. They do have a website.

Go to homestore.com and do a search for apts. Queen Anne is listed as a choice. HTH

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

DarbyOhara

Musician
Re: welll

But the idea behind renting IS SAVING A BUCK OR TWO. not putting all that money in rent and bills. Otherwise I'll end up like my mom. Nothing to show for myself when i am 50.

Thanks to you all..ya all rock ;-)

Jaime

Hey Jaime, don't you think most of us have been through the dilemma you are going through? I wish you the best of luck, but I am saying from experience, you aren't gonna find a "nice" place that is 2 or 3 bedroom, for under 800 around this area. Many are suggesting Queen Ann Apts... well, I had a friend that lived there and the inside was ok.. but you need a shotgun to go home with if the sun goes down.

I understand your reasoning about not wanting to jump into purchasing... I have been going thru that since Oct 2000 (when I moved here). The biggest draw back is this area (or people) are nuts when it comes to selling and bidding. I haven't seen a decent buy around here since I moved here and I watch the market. I could tell you things about some property listed that realtors that MANAGE it couldn't tell you.

Anyway, hope you find something reasonable and worth signing a lease and being locked into it for a long time!

JabbaJawz

Be about it
No way!

well, I had a friend that lived there and the inside was ok.. but you need a shotgun to go home with if the sun goes down.

I beg to differ about Queen Anne. I lived there for almost 3 years and never had a bad experience regarding problems at night, etc... It was a very quiet development, and although it was right in the Park it didn't have a lot of the riff raff that seems to have taken over many of the other complexes. A car across the lot was broken into while I was there, but heck, that can happen anywhere. I grew up in a rural Hollywood neighborhood and had my car broken into right in our driveway...mid-Summer with our house windows wide open. So in my opinion it's no worse then any other neighborhood, and very quiet and nice if you ask me. I went almost 2 years in a 2-bedroom, then spent 1 year in a 3-bedroom and they were huge and affordable and I never had a problem. Actually, they have a play area and the neighborhood kids always gathered and ran around and had a good time together. So, unless they've changed a lot since January, they are decent as far as I'm concerned. ;)

DarbyOhara

Musician
Re: No way!

Originally posted by laureng

I beg to differ about Queen Anne. I lived there for almost 3 years and never had a bad experience regarding problems at night, etc...

I wasn't referring to the apartment complex itself.. I am referring to the neighborhood that exists around it. Please re-read my comment... I stated the "INSIDE" was ok.... Jaime asked about a place with concerns about kids.... sorry, but unless you build a china wall around it and/or lock the kids inside, their gonna be a part of THAT neighborhood! You can promote it all you want, but I didn't read how many kids you raised in that neighborhood. It may be reasonable and affordable to you, but the bottom line is that you get what you pay for.... Besides larger rooms in the apts... I haven't heard one other good thing about it... and YES, you need a shotgun to walk or drive home to GET to the apartment complex!

JabbaJawz

Be about it
When you said "inside" I assumed you meant the inside of the apartments, not the inside of the complex. Lexington Park is Lexington Park, no matter how nice a complex within it may be. But in general, I think that Queen Anne is one of the nicer ones and off to itself. Some others that are nice are very close to the low-income apartments, which means you have to drive through a bunch of crap to get to the nice apartment. I only have one daughter and living there for 3 years certainly doesn't consitute 'raising her' in that place, but for the most part it was decent. And as a single Mom living there alone, I always felt comfortable coming and going, even at night. My neighbors were lots of military families with school aged kids who had a ball playing with each other in the complex. I only moved to be closer to my fiance's place of employment, but had it not been for that I'd still be in QAP apartments. I'm not promoting it, but giving Jamie my opinion, since I did live there for 3 years and had a good experience. Some people, my parents included, wouldn't be caught dead living in Lexington Park just because it is Lexington Park, and that's it. Me, I was fine there and it didn't bother me a bit. Now St. Mary's Square...that's where you need a shotgun at night.

Last edited:

JabbaJawz

Be about it
Mechanicsville

Where in Mechanicsville are you? We're in the process of trying to buy/build, and $170K doesn't sound bad at all compared to what we've been coming across!! Seems we can't get into a complex and a new home for less than $250K, which is so ridiculous for a 3 bedroom, regular home!! Actually, I was talking to a lady here at work yesterday about the Mech. area and she was saying how reasonably priced she got her home and how much she loved the area. I'll have to check with the realtor about land/neighborhoods around there, because I keep hearing such good things! I am from Hollywood, but that is just a little too South for where we are trying to locate.

sgtsprout

Mr. Shud da hell up
ok

Ok true if I go find a place that is a huge 3 bedroom new. YES it may cost me more. So i retract my statement...but I will take somethingf a little less NICE. Neighborhood is more important anyways. Not like I am buying the place. So I won't pay someone elses motgage. And true if someone damages the place well theres alot of repair.

But it doesn't mean everyone has to make the rent more then the mortgage, just what everyone does.

But heck I'd take a trailer that was nice in a good neghborhood....But there are places out there that ar okie priced. I seen one in St. INdigoes, but someone has that alreaady. Just a matter of finding it. Maybe someone who has there mortgage paid for heck...But theres no way I'll pay someone else mortgage on some .2 acre lot in a shitty place is all.

Thanks for everyones helps. Love these forums :)

Jaime

DarbyOhara

Musician
Re: ok

But heck I'd take a trailer that was nice in a good neghborhood....But there are places out there that ar okie priced. I seen one in St. INdigoes, but someone has that alreaady. Just a matter of finding it. Maybe someone who has there mortgage paid for heck...But theres no way I'll pay someone else mortgage on some .2 acre lot in a shitty place is all.

Thanks for everyones helps. Love these forums :)

Jaime

Jaime, as I stated once before, it might be worth checking out -- if you don't mind townhouses. Personally I think they are a glorified apartment. But if you turn at Sheets from Rte 235 and about 1/4 mile back is a residential area on the right. They offer Rent to Own Townhouses. The area "seems" nice and I am not sure of prices... but it might be worth the check... I would look into myself, but I want a detached home and one far enough away from the neighbors so I don't have to listen to their TV or banging on the kitchen table, or screaming couples exchanging love-making creepy messages at 2am... lol Good luck!

K

Katie

Re: Re: ok

Originally posted by DarbyOhara

banging on the kitchen table, or screaming couples exchanging love-making creepy messages at 2am... lol Good luck!

HEHE...
:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

OR having the people upstairs from you 3 yo jumping off the bed at midnight during the week. And the mother let him do it, becasue she wanted to sleep late the next day.

BTW...my b/f and I are one of those couples...but not at 2 am.:blushing: :blushing:

sgtsprout

Mr. Shud da hell up
Down with townhomes

Down with townhomes. I like the idea of going out my back door and taking a piss. Though I will usually use the bathroom. And no won't have my cars up on blocks lol. But.....WHY WHY....the humanity, can't I find someone to give me a palce 3 acres of land 3 bedroom hardwood floors, 2 bathrooms, one for the man and 4 month old the other for the ladies....for like Ohhhh say 500 a month lol.

I know not going to happen. Thats okie. I'll suck it up and pay for what I get I guess, so maybe I'll end up with a place for a 1000 a month. rat bastards. lol

And I am not calling you all rat bastards, by rat bastards I am meaning---Ummm those other people, Like the ones charging the legitmate riduloud prices, like 1200 for a 1949 home with no land.

But tis be alright...I'll just make the g.f work more lol. Shh don't tell her but I might have to convert her to a working professional if ya know what I mean lol.

Well I better get going, so you all can crtique my message. Peace

sgtsprout

Mr. Shud da hell up
whats an affianado

whats an affianado? Does this mean I am a computer geek?

I swear I am not..lol. I just have a nice laxed job we shall say

K

Katie

Re: whats an affianado

whats an affianado? Does this mean I am a computer geek?

I swear I am not..lol. I just have a nice laxed job we shall say

I have NO idea what it is. I had to doublecheck my posting to make sure I didn't make any spelling errors. Which I do occasionally, well more then occasionally.

:stooges:

bknarw

Attire Monitor
With all the tornadoes lately, you wouldn't catch me dead in a mobile home.
Actually, I guess you would!