A trip to London?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I have no real desire to leave the good ol' US of A. My BIL travels quite a bit - London, Paris, Prague, Madrid - and he tells us these stories of crappy hotels with no hot water, crappy food that you wouldn't feed your dog, crappy attitudes of the Europeans.

Sounds like fun. :rolleyes:

Angel

~*~*~
I just went on vacation to England a month ago to visit family. I loved it, however, I hated the people in London. That article explains it all... Even though I was a tourist there myself, I was very polite, however the people who were never polite to me, were tourists as well or implants. I almost cried because the people were so rude. Try watching the changing of the guard at Buckingham Palace... NO, you will most definitely have some rude tourist butting in front of you to take your view. And do they speak a lick of English, NO!!! The native Brits were awesome and nice when you spoke to them. Atleast I got to experience more of England then London, the parts where the natives were true Brits and welcomed me with open arms.

BRITUSA

BRITUSA
vraiblonde said:
I have no real desire to leave the good ol' US of A. My BIL travels quite a bit - London, Paris, Prague, Madrid - and he tells us these stories of crappy hotels with no hot water, crappy food that you wouldn't feed your dog, crappy attitudes of the Europeans.

Maybe he should go pay Northern UK a visit... London is full of stuck up wanna be's .

Bustem' Down

Give Peas a Chance
vraiblonde said:

Maybe your BIL needs a new travel agent.

Mykonos, Greece -Awsome
Gydina, Poland -Kicked Azz
Benidorn, Spain -Next best thing to Ibiza, I'd leave my family to live there.
Rijeka, Croatia -Beautiful
Cyprus -Lot's of fun.
Glasgow and Edinburgh, Scotland -The Scots are great.
Cork, Ireland -Beautiful country

I've had very very few experiences of "crappy European attitudes", in Cyprus me and a friend were invited to dinner at the house of a bartender we met. I plan on moving to Europe after I retire from the Navy.

BRITUSA

BRITUSA
Bustem' Down said:
Maybe your BIL needs a new travel agent.

Mykonos, Greece -Awsome
Gydina, Poland -Kicked Azz
Benidorn, Spain -Next best thing to Ibiza, I'd leave my family to live there.
Rijeka, Croatia -Beautiful
Cyprus -Lot's of fun.
Glasgow and Edinburgh, Scotland -The Scots are great.
Cork, Ireland -Beautiful country

I've had very very few experiences of "crappy European attitudes", in Cyprus me and a friend were invited to dinner at the house of a bartender we met. I plan on moving to Europe after I retire from the Navy.

DITTO! Maybe people should visit a country before they decide to insult it.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
BRITUSA said:
Maybe people should visit a country before they decide to insult it.
Hey, I'm just telling you what my BIL (who HAS been to these places) said.

Hessian's article was about how non-Europeans are taking over London, but you see a lot of non-white immigrants in NYC as well. I don't find this particularly disturbing so I'm just curious why the guy who wrote the article thinks this is such a problem?

From the story:
Britain was once a model of safety and orderliness, but Third-World immigrants have brought a serious crime problem.

It's interesting to note that, in the US, most of our heinous criminals are home-grown, not immigrants. The Europeans certainly need to get a handle on their immigration problems, but then, so do we. So I'm more interested in how London compares to a major US city in terms of how immigration has impacted society.

Hessian

Web site...

Just wanted to say that the web site I posted tends to dig up stats & facts and unfortunately becomes a mouth piece to some racists.

I must in their defense say that the articles found are from around the world and point out some glaring examples of how PC strangles free speech.
IE; The Man who intentionally ran over 5 people in Georgia, killing a 2 year old.
No where in the press did they show pictures of the criminal or of the victims...why??

The criminal was black, victims were white, and everyone was worried that this was a clear motive of Hate crime based on race....

Please consider the situation reversed...do you think Jesse Jackson, the ACLU , and Southern Poverty Law...would be silent? Hardly.

American Rennaisance has posted statistics/articles that are a shame to this nation...because the media would prefer to blissfully ignore a worsening problem than to acknowledge it. They are prone to keep twisting info to meet their liberal bias.

Illegal immigration, Incarceration rates, Schooling, institutional racism,...everyone seems to be afraid to look at the racial aspect of these issues.

FOR Example: http://www.amren.com/mtnews/archives/2006/05/teaching_johnny.php
Is about the mandatory Islamic curriculum in California that has kids reciting the Koran and chanting...yeah, the ACLU was nowhere to be found regarding this "seperation of Mosque and state." The article originates in Investor's Business Daily.

Last edited: