I Want A Gold Wing

HunterJJD

I have a bad itch to get a new gold wing. I have it in the budget for late 07 but I can not wait. I could do it if I sold my bike i got now but I think I want it for local rides

I hate wanting new toys

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
HunterJJD said:
Make note: do not test ride till ready to buy

Honda already approved me for the money
Dan at Motovations will let you borrow his for a ride :lol:
If you get one, get the blue color. That's what Sheriff Zylak rides

itsbob

I bowl overhand
HunterJJD said:
I have a bad itch to get a new gold wing. I have it in the budget for late 07 but I can not wait. I could do it if I sold my bike i got now but I think I want it for local rides

I hate wanting new toys
You're kind of young for a Gold Wing aren't you?? I thought those bikes came with a three year membership to AARP..

Does anyone know much about these bikes? Reliability, etc, etc.? 1997 Triumph Sprint, 6 speed, Inline 3 Cyl, 885ccm. I looked at it on base this am. Very pretty. 12,000 miles. I know some 3 cyls have heat probs with the middle cyl.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
desertrat said:
Does anyone know much about these bikes? Reliability, etc, etc.? 1997 Triumph Sprint, 6 speed, Inline 3 Cyl, 885ccm. I looked at it on base this am. Very pretty. 12,000 miles. I know some 3 cyls have heat probs with the middle cyl.
Haven't heard about any heat problems with the 3 cyl Truimphs. Should be able to do some internet searching for Triumph forums and ask there.

HunterJJD

itsbob said:
You're kind of young for a Gold Wing aren't you?? I thought those bikes came with a three year membership to AARP..
I want it for a cummuter car, I have a little longer to ride then you

I am ready to break out on long rides and I love my bike for around town but for a run longer then 2 hours it gets old

itsbob

I bowl overhand
HunterJJD said:
I want it for a cummuter car, I have a little longer to ride then you

I am ready to break out on long rides and I love my bike for around town but for a run longer then 2 hours it gets old
But if you're going to push a barn door around.. you might as well just get a small car..
Beemer has two big touring bikes.. The R1200RT, and the K1200LT.. and both of them kind of take you out of the riding element.. Huge front ends, windshields..

and I'm not old enough for either of them..

Now the K1200GT (Gran Turismo), or the R1200ST (Sport Tourer) that would be perfect.. not an old persons bike, and not a teenagers bike..

Last edited:

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
HunterJJD said:
Windshield and an aftermarket seat is a lot cheaper than a Wing

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Or will a LITTLE picture work??

Attachments

• BMW2005ST.jpg
    BMW2005ST.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 77

itsbob

I bowl overhand
aps45819 said:
1200RS?

Don't like the itty-bitty windshields. I can ride with my faceshield open, Just close it when it's raining or cold.
1200ST.. it replaced the 1150RS.. I think about 20 more HP, 20% more Torque.. etc.. etc.. New suspension.. I will NOT take it for a test ride..

Believe it or not, my LITTLE windshield is perfect.. and of course adjustable..

When you can look at your speedo, and go "100?? WTF!??" Becasue you had NO idea you were going that fast.. yep, windshield works.. and it works well enough that the wind won't set off my microphone until I hit about 60. Then I drop the front of the helmet.

I'm actually amazed, I remember my first bike, at 80 I was trying to hug the gas tank.. now I never have the desire to get close to the tank.

and I almost ALWAYS ride with my visor up.. if not the whole front of the helmet.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Somoeone mentioned the buffeting at the picnic .. you know riding a naked bike, you get to 75 or 80 and you're getting beat to death, feels like someone is trying to rip you from yor seat.. I forgot all about that sensation.. and I don't miss it.