NASCAR Fans

Terps

Don’t know if you’ve heard, but CINTAS is fighting NASCAR right now. They want their race track included in the circuit, but NASCAR passed them over. Their response? They’re trying to get the courts to change the way tracks are selected. What this could mean is you’ll start to see your favorite tracks (Poconos, Talladega, Richmond, etc) left off in favor of shiny new tracks in, say, New York City. NASCAR needs to stand up to this and fight – here’s a group that is

http://action.unitehere.org/campaign/thetracksuit

Has anyne seen petitions supporting NASCAR to stand up for themselves against CINTAS at any of the races?

Terps said:
Don’t know if you’ve heard, but CINTAS is fighting NASCAR right now. They want their race track included in the circuit, but NASCAR passed them over. Their response? They’re trying to get the courts to change the way tracks are selected. What this could mean is you’ll start to see your favorite tracks (Poconos, Talladega, Richmond, etc) left off in favor of shiny new tracks in, say, New York City. NASCAR needs to stand up to this and fight – here’s a group that is

Has anyne seen petitions supporting NASCAR to stand up for themselves against CINTAS at any of the races?
What the hell is CINTAS?

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
huntr1 said:
What the hell is CINTAS?
Cintas Corp makes uniforms (racing suits too) and apparently they want NASCAR to come to the new track in KY that they are sponsoring.

Somdmommy

:Jeepin' in NC:
Terps said:

That is such BULL

Mikeinsmd

CINTAS can go climb a tree. Nascar can go where it chooses. Effing maroons. :duh: The courts should make the loser pay!!

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
Mikeinsmd said:
CINTAS can go climb a tree. Nascar can go where it chooses. Effing maroons. :duh: The courts should make the loser pay!!

:yeahthat:

Besides, NASCAR is ruled by Prince France, and the Royal France family controls/owns ISC, which coincidentally owns many of the tracks NASCAR races.

Ken King

PREMO Member
The court shouldn't even consider the lawsuit, here's why. 15USC15b states, "Any action to enforce any cause of action under section 15, 15a, or 15c of this title shall be forever barred unless commenced within four years after the cause of action accrued. No cause of action barred under existing law on the effective date of this Act shall be revived by this Act." and since Kentucky Speedway opened in 2000 as stated in their filing document and they didn't file their claim until July 13, 2005 they are not timely in bringing action, thus the case should be dismissed.

Lugnut

I'm Rick James #####!
Ken King said:
The court shouldn't even consider the lawsuit, here's why. 15USC15b states, "Any action to enforce any cause of action under section 15, 15a, or 15c of this title shall be forever barred unless commenced within four years after the cause of action accrued. No cause of action barred under existing law on the effective date of this Act shall be revived by this Act." and since Kentucky Speedway opened in 2000 as stated in their filing document and they didn't file their claim until July 13, 2005 they are not timely in bringing action, thus the case should be dismissed.

Ken, sometimes you absolutely STUN me with your ability to research topics on the net.

Ken King

PREMO Member
Lugnut said:
Ken, sometimes you absolutely STUN me with your ability to research topics on the net.
It's all out there, better then living in a library (like a certain poster we know).

Claff

If you think NASCAR is going to go away from Talladega and Richmond you're smoking something. Worst case scenario is that some two-date tracks will become one-date tracks like what happened at Darlington.

But I don't see any judge think he has the power to tell a private organization like NASCAR what to do with its own product.

hwyman3

You saw something like this a couple of years ago when Burton Smith (owner of Speedway Motorsports, the other major owner of NASCAR tracks) files a suit agains NASCAR to get a second date for his Texas Motor Speedway. It was settled out of court and Texas has 2 dates now.

Terps

But dont you think that places like Darlington are going to lose one date then possibly another one? I feel like these corporations are pushing NASCAR around. What if they do get the courts to change the way tracks are selected. This could mean is we start to see our favorite tracks (Poconos, Talladega, Richmond, etc) left off in favor of shiny new tracks in, say, New York City. NASCAR needs to stand up to this and fight!

hwyman3

Terps said:
But dont you think that places like Darlington are going to lose one date then possibly another one? I feel like these corporations are pushing NASCAR around. What if they do get the courts to change the way tracks are selected. This could mean is we start to see our favorite tracks (Poconos, Talladega, Richmond, etc) left off in favor of shiny new tracks in, say, New York City. NASCAR needs to stand up to this and fight!

DOn't worry, any track that ISC owns won't lose dates, so long as the France family owns both NASCAR and ISC. The racks that will lose dates will be tracks like Dover, Pocono, Charlotte, Atlanta, etc.

crabcake

Terps said:
NASCAR needs to stand up to this and fight!

NASCAR isn't going to stand up and fight anything ... The France family essentially owns NASCAR; and the France family is making sure the tracks they own (via ISC) have dates. It's the non-ISC tracks' owners/fans that need to stand up and fight, if anyone.

crabcake

hwyman3 said:
DOn't worry, any track that ISC owns won't lose dates, so long as the France family owns both NASCAR and ISC. The racks that will lose dates will be tracks like Dover, Pocono, Charlotte, Atlanta, etc.

Personally, I wouldn't mind Pocono losing a race ... from a spectator standpoint, it's not a good track to see a race at b/c you only see about .2 seconds of cars until they make it back around again a minute or so later. If it were an oval with more seating, it would be better. But the same can be said for road courses ... I don't personally care for them, but at least people can gather around at different points in the track to watch, unlike Pocono. :ohwell:

Nanny Pam

hwyman3 said:

:jameo: :nono:
Now that there would really pizz me off!

hwyman3

crabcake said:
Personally, I wouldn't mind Pocono losing a race ... from a spectator standpoint, it's not a good track to see a race at b/c you only see about .2 seconds of cars until they make it back around again a minute or so later. If it were an oval with more seating, it would be better. But the same can be said for road courses ... I don't personally care for them, but at least people can gather around at different points in the track to watch, unlike Pocono. :ohwell:

Granted, I'll agree Pocono isn't exactly the best track to attend, but I like Pocono because it is something different. It isn't a clone of Charlotte or Michagin. Now there are tracks that should never lose dates, like Bristol and Dover. Cut Fontana back to one date, and bring back North Wilksboro!

Claff

Terps said:
I feel like these corporations are pushing NASCAR around.

The biggest corporation that is pushing NASCAR around to move and shift race dates is NASCAR (ISC).

crabcake

Freakyfreak said:
I wouldn't lose any sleep if Nascar cut the road courses off the schedule.

Me either; in fact, for fun, I'd like to see 'em reverse the races on occasion and make 'em 'go fast and turn right'. :jameo: :lmao: