Food Journal

jwwb2000

pretty black roses
Since I have decided to get back to my healthy self, I have begun to keep a food journal to document what I eat and at what time along with how many calories is in the sitting.

For me, this really is helping to curb the "I am hungry and need to eat something" so I just grab a tall glass of water, sometimes with lemon juice, to help curb the craving of something that would push me over my caloric intake for the day.

mv_princess

mv = margaritaville
jwwb2000 said:
If you can find a lo fat recipe for them or use the Carbo Chips :shrug:
hhmm those aren't any good.......and we both know it. Alright well I will wait til you get all super healthy and then make ya one.

warneckutz

jwwb2000 said:
Since I have decided to get back to my healthy self, I have begun to keep a food journal to document what I eat and at what time along with how many calories is in the sitting.

For me, this really is helping to curb the "I am hungry and need to eat something" so I just grab a tall glass of water, sometimes with lemon juice, to help curb the craving of something that would push me over my caloric intake for the day.

Good Luck with that. I keep a Workout Journal (I'm on my 8th or 9th Composition Book) of every workout for the last 7 years (it's great to see the improvements and kind of a kick in the pants to see some things don't change too much).

The latest FLEX magazine has a listing of "200 Bodybuilding Foods" that you may find of interest too.

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
I simply wear the "Binoc-U-Glasses" at every meal so that I have the illusion I am eating bigger portions.

jwwb2000

pretty black roses
warneckutz said:
Good Luck with that. I keep a Workout Journal (I'm on my 8th or 9th Composition Book) of every workout for the last 7 years (it's great to see the improvements and kind of a kick in the pants to see some things don't change too much).

The latest FLEX magazine has a listing of "200 Bodybuilding Foods" that you may find of interest too.

I will have to check that out. I did find in a couple of the Women's Fitness magazines I have several caloric breakdowns of certain foods, alcoholic beverages was one of them. I had NO idea a Long Island Ice Tea has over 700 calories per glass and a Frozen Margarita has almost 500 per glass :faint:

warneckutz

jwwb2000 said:
I will have to check that out. I did find in a couple of the Women's Fitness magazines I have several caloric breakdowns of certain foods, alcoholic beverages was one of them. I had NO idea a Long Island Ice Tea has over 700 calories per glass and a Frozen Margarita has almost 500 per glass :faint:

Well, when it came to creating a diet for clients I would go back to my certification books now and again but I found more useful and up to date information in the Weider Magazine's (Men's Fitness, FLEX, Women's Fitness) as well as some very good recipes to try.

You may also want to research eating foods meant for your blood type, I have heard that it can be very effective and I'm considering trying that as well.

:yay:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
vraiblonde said:
It's very liberating to break your relationship with food. Almost like dumping an abusive boyfriend. :yay:
Or something very similar. :whistle:

Weight Watchers uses a journaling system to keep track of points assigned to each food item. It was very helpful in the beginning and really focuses you on how much you eat. It's also great for portion control so you have to think about the amount of food you're consuming versus sitting down with a box of crackers and scarfing away.

K

Katie

I write down everything that goes in my mouth. Some days are better than others. :lmao:

JabbaJawz

Be about it
You should try www.fitday.com. I've used it forever and it's great. Tons of foods are there, and you can add any custom foods that aren't. You can also enter any exercise that you do, weight, etc... I track each day and try to stay around my goal caloric intake. You can set up whatever goals you want, though - whether it be carbs, fat, whatever. Very cool site.

JabbaJawz

Be about it
Oh - and if I know what I'm having for dinner, I'll enter that into Firday 1st thing in the morning so that I can go backwards into my calories for the day. Especially if it's something w/higher calories. I'm also all about portion sizes, and measure almost all of my food.

jwwb2000

pretty black roses
JabbaJawz said:
You should try www.fitday.com. I've used it forever and it's great. Tons of foods are there, and you can add any custom foods that aren't. You can also enter any exercise that you do, weight, etc... I track each day and try to stay around my goal caloric intake. You can set up whatever goals you want, though - whether it be carbs, fat, whatever. Very cool site.

Thanks a ton sugar bear!!