Call ahead seating

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
(aka, reservations?) anyway. We did the call ahead thing for Outback last night, we got to the place got our little pager and had a seat. We were sitting for less than 5 mins when we got paged,:yikes: our table was ready for us. We had a great meal, or is it a "dining experience" now? I made it a point to go and tell the manager on duty how great everything was, but totally forgot to tell him my server's name. I'll just include it with the email I'll send.

Call ahead seating is a great concept when it works like it did for me and the family last night.

Oz

You're all F'in Mad...
Lucky you... We went to Ruby Tuesday's last night about 9pm, and the place was not busy, and very trashed. The host, and our server may have been sleepwalking. The "manager" on the floor appeared oblivious to the condition of his restaurant. After waiting for them to clean a table, we were seated in a section full of dirty dishes and trash on the floor. The server came up to us and turned her head away from us to look out the front window as she "greeted" us and took our drink order... WTF? :confused:

The correct food came out in a reasonable amount of time, was cooked well, and our waitress did an acceptable job of checking on us. I ALWAYS tip 20% or more. But the difference between a good tip, and 15% is NOT LOOKING OUT THE WINDOW AS YOU GREET ME AT THE TABLE!!! -dur-

We SHOULD have gone to Outback. :ohwell:

Last edited:

buddy999

It's Great to be American
Oz said:
Lucky you... We went to Ruby Tuesday's last night about 9pm, and the place was not busy, and very trashed. The host, and our server may have been sleepwalking. The "manager" on the floor appeared oblivious to the condition of his restaurant. After waiting for them to clean a table, we were seated in a section full of dirty dishes and trash on the floor. The server came up to us and turned her head away from us to look out the front window as she "greeted" us and took our drink order... WTF? :confused:

The correct food came out in a reasonable amount of time, was cooked well, and our waitress did an acceptable job of checking on us. I ALWAYS tip 20% or more. But the difference between a good tip, and 15% is NOT LOOKING OUT THE WINDOW AS YOU GREET ME AT THE TABLE!!! -dur-

We SHOULD have gone to Outback. :ohwell:

My wife and I went to Ruby Tuesday's only once. We had such a bad experience we haven't gone back since. That was 5 years ago.

When we want a good Steak or Ribs, we always go to Outback.

Magnum

Should be Huntin
I went to Famous Daves last week and had what appeared to be a gay waiter. I really didn't notice but the person I was with said he kept checking me out :yikes: :barf: :barf: