Tornado Disaster Help?

Gunn317

I own a truck, have a chainsaw and burn wood for heating my home in the winter. I am wondering if anyone knows of a phone number or other method of finding out who needs help in tree and wood removal? I also have a couple of friends that would help out. I'll even help cut the trees into firewood and won't take any myself if the homeowners etc. want to keep it. Just trying to help out.

Naturally, I'm not really wanting to just go down there and look like I'm taking advantage of the situation to get myself some wood. Rather, I (as well my friends) just want to help in the cleanup and remove some of these trees that people just don't want lying in the yard. Having the wood for my winter heat is just a side effect from the unfortunate situation.

If there's anyway I can help in this method, I'll do so.

(Edited by Gunn317 at 12:55 pm on May 1, 2002)

seasquirt

Vermicious Knid
I would try calling the fire department, if they don't need your help, they can probably point you in the right direction. Bravo for volunteering!!!

missi1013

Catch Me If You Can!
You can call the Charles County Emergency Services at 301-645-0509 or the American Red Cross at 1-(866)-"GET INFO.  Either one can help you.  We could use you now badly.  We have trees everywhere!

Gunn317

Thanks missi; For anyone else who wants to help, I contacted the RedCross in St. Marys who then referred me to the People's Place in Charles county. Phone #: 301-645-0509. They will take your info, what you can do and forward it on to a coordinator who will call you back with when/where they need you.

GreenHornet

There sure was! That'll teach me, to look at dates!

Sorry it's my fault. I just assumed that everyone would be interested in tornado safety after the severe loss of life a few weeks ago down south. Tornado season is upon us so lets all get ready!

GH