Locksmiths

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
It's an ugly story but I need a locksmith or somebody to fix the lock on the trunk of my car in the Lexington Park area. Any recommendations? Anybody you know that will come to you to fix the lock? TIA!

itsbob

I bowl overhand
jazz lady said:
It's an ugly story but I need a locksmith or somebody to fix the lock on the trunk of my car in the Lexington Park area. Any recommendations? Anybody you know that will come to you to fix the lock? TIA!
The Lock Doctor is the one I always see driving around..

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
jazz lady said:
Is this on the Sebring? My hubby just fixed mine. Is the trunk not latching?

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
BS Gal said:
Is this on the Sebring? My hubby just fixed mine. Is the trunk not latching?
It's not latching because some dumbazz who works at a local discount store broke it while trying to tie down the trunk to hold in the large TV that was protruding from it. :rolleyes: Thank goodness I know the assistant manager very well and he was working last night, else I might be on the local news this morning. :lol:

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
jazz lady said:
It's not latching because some dumbazz who works at a local discount store broke it while trying to tie down the trunk to hold in the large TV that was protruding from it. :rolleyes: Thank goodness I know the assistant manager very well and he was working last night, else I might be on the local news this morning. :lol:
Did you try unlocking the lock? It might have been tripped by said dumbazz and won't catch if already locked.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
morganj614 said:
Probably someone that put ice in their wine :whistle:
No, that would be the person who hassled me about putting ice in my wine and said YOU would have a fit if you saw me do it. So, was YOUR wine nice and cold Friday night? :dance:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Ken King said:
Did you try unlocking the lock? It might have been tripped by said dumbazz and won't catch if already locked.

Yes, I tried that several times both with the key and the remote. The catch piece does not move at all when you try that so it's disengaged from something. :ohwell: I should have known something was up when I was on the other side of the car and heard him say "I don't think I should have done that." :dork:

morganj614

jazz lady said:
No, that would be the person who hassled me about putting ice in my wine and said YOU would have a fit if you saw me do it. So, was YOUR wine nice and cold Friday night? :dance:

He wouldn't fit in the trunk anyway :killingme

My wine was nice and cold after I put the ice in it :yay: :lmao:

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
jazz lady said:
Yes, I tried that several times both with the key and the remote. The catch piece does not move at all when you try that so it's disengaged from something. :ohwell: I should have known something was up when I was on the other side of the car and heard him say "I don't think I should have done that." :dork:
It also might not come uncaught if there is no bar or catch that it's up against. I've had this happen before and you should be able to force the catch back with a straight slot into it's normal position.

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
jazz lady said:
That wasn't the problem with mine. I can tell you who CAN'T fix it and that would be Park Dodge. Don't even get me started with them. My first transaction with them was not pretty at all. What they couldn't fix, my husband fixed in about a minute.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Ken King said:
It also might not come uncaught if there is no bar or catch that it's up against. I've had this happen before and you should be able to force the catch back with a straight slot into it's normal position.

That's the job of the locksmith to figure out because said local discount store is PAYING for it. :biggrin:

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
jazz lady said:
That's the job of the locksmith to figure out because said local discount store is PAYING for it. :biggrin:
There's another guy - Doug's Locksmith Service - 301-862-3634. He has a van and will come to your house, but it sounds like you need a new latch, which you may only be able to get at the Dodge dealer. It takes them a day to get one.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
BS Gal said:
That wasn't the problem with mine. I can tell you who CAN'T fix it and that would be Park Dodge. Don't even get me started with them. My first transaction with them was not pretty at all. What they couldn't fix, my husband fixed in about a minute.

Park Dodge is NOT an option for fixing my car. :boo: I'd take leave from work and drive up to Ralph's Dodge first.

There's another guy - Doug's Locksmith Service - 301-862-3634. He has a van and will come to your house, but it sounds like you need a new latch, which you may only be able to get at the Dodge dealer. It takes them a day to get one.
He's second on my list to call. :yay: I don't know if they can fix the latch but I'm hoping so.

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
jazz lady said:
Park Dodge is NOT an option for fixing my car. :boo: I'd take leave from work and drive up to Ralph's Dodge first.

He's second on my list to call. :yay: I don't know if they can fix the latch but I'm hoping so.
Just call Park Dodge and ask them if they threw away the perfectly good latch they replaced on my car last week. :lmao:

Yeah, Ralph's Dodge will be the place for me from now on out.