Quiet morning

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
on Canoe Neck Creek. The wife and the little guy decided to go for a walk this morning, so I decided to try my luck on the pier. The water was as smooth as glass, the only disturbances were the ripples from the skates gliding just beneath the surface and the occasional "pop/splash" from some unknown fish. A neighbor of mine was also out, running his trotline and even the purr of his outboard was not an intrusion on my solitude. One cast, two casts, three casts, four. Finally, the familiar tug of my intended target, the white perch. As I keep pulling them in a welcome visitor appears, the little guy has returned from his walk with mommy. "Daddy, I want to catch a fish." Words that melt a father's heart. I hooked the fish and he reeled them in and insisted on petting each one before we return them to the water. Finally, reality sets in, it is time for me to get ready for work. Reluctantly, we leave the pier and head up to the house hand in hand with the little guy. He excitedly tells me how the fish felt and how one of the fish hit his finger with his "flipper flapper", and I smile inside knowing that I am possibly one of the luckiest people in the world.