Has anyone been crabbing lately....

Softballkid

No Longer the Kid
Ther word on the water is that the crabs have totally died off right now... mating season in all does slow them down, but sometimes they are still biting in certain areas....Has anyone been out this week, or last week that had any luck...

I keep hearing horror stories..and I want to go try my luck today out in the Patuxent...

Any info is appreciated..

TIA

Magnum

Should be Huntin
Softballkid said:
Ther word on the water is that the crabs have totally died off right now... mating season in all does slow them down, but sometimes they are still biting in certain areas....Has anyone been out this week, or last week that had any luck...

I keep hearing horror stories..and I want to go try my luck today out in the Patuxent...

Any info is appreciated..

TIA
I went two weeks ago and cought two bushels of large/Jumbos. My cousin is going out today, a friend went out early this week and got his limit of 1 bushel and they were good sized

Softballkid

No Longer the Kid
Magnum said:
I went two weeks ago and cought two bushels of large/Jumbos. My cousin is going out today, a friend went out early this week and got his limit of 1 bushel and they were good sized

I c Ic... I went 2 weeks ago and got a bushel in a lil under an hour...

But Ive heard here lately they just aint running at all...

Jameo

What?!
Softballkid said:
I c Ic... I went 2 weeks ago and got a bushel in a lil under an hour...

But Ive heard here lately they just aint running at all...

Crabs also slack off when it's hotter than the blue blazes of hell too :lol:

Softballkid

No Longer the Kid
Jameo said:

:rolleyes:

:razz: haha, I know, but it hasnt been to hot yesterday nor today...so hopefully it will go well..I need to make some cash :yay:

Magnum

Should be Huntin
Jameo said:
You have to have different holes for hot days.

I was catching 2 dozen each run of the line two weeks ago. Not bad for the first time out.

K

Keesa

Last weekend - Got 2 bushels of Jimmy's in the waters by the Harry Lundberg school / Dennis Pt. Marina / Piney Pt. area. They were SLAMMING - ....drool......good luck!

D

dems4me

Softballkid said:
:rolleyes:

:razz: haha, I know, but it hasnt been to hot yesterday nor today...so hopefully it will go well..I need to make some cash :yay:

It will take a few days for the water temperature to cool down. Although its cooler out now, the water takes longer to get cooled down. :shrug: