The Frying Pan

B

Bronwyn

I hear a lot of people say that the frying pan is a local favorite. Any feedback on this place, good or bad? Anyone know who owns it? :coffee:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
The owner used to be Scott Adams - not sure if he still has it or not, though. And they used to have pretty good food, but I haven't been there in years.

Barnacle

vraiblonde said:
The owner used to be Scott Adams - not sure if he still has it or not, though. And they used to have pretty good food, but I haven't been there in years.

He still has it. Good food, too!

B

Bronwyn

MMDad said:
It's the best breakfast place in Lusby!
Do they have chipped beef gravy? I've been looking for a place that has good chipped beef gravy!

MMDad

Lem Putt
RoseRed said:
Isn't that Sh!t on a Shingle? :confused:
Close, but SOS is like sausage gravy, but they use hamburger instead. :barf:

The first time I saw "creamed beef on toast" I was happy. Then I saw it and thought "Oh good, sausage gravy!"

Then I tasted it. It tastes like flour and grease. If you put a lot of Texas Pete on it, it tastes like flour, grease, and Texas Pete.

It seemed like they served it most when we were in heavy seas. I guess they liked the neat piles it made on the deck.

MMDad

Lem Putt
Bronwyn said:
Do they have chipped beef gravy? I've been looking for a place that has good chipped beef gravy!
I've seen it on the menu there, but haven't tried it. The only place in Lusby I've had chipped beef is the Legion, and it's adequate. Next Sunday morning.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
MMDad said:

The first time I saw "creamed beef on toast" I was happy. Then I saw it and thought "Oh good, sausage gravy!"

Then I tasted it. It tastes like flour and grease. If you put a lot of Texas Pete on it, it tastes like flour, grease, and Texas Pete.

It seemed like they served it most when we were in heavy seas. I guess they liked the neat piles it made on the deck.
:barf:

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
MMDad said:

SOS is real handy when eating out of a canteen cup. (As long as you got all the shaving cream out of it.) :lmao:

heather999

Love the Frying Pan. Just went there last night. They do all of their seafood hand breaded to order. The salad dressings are homemade too. It was really good. Friendly staff too !! Who needs to eat frozen crap at the chains