Benny Parson's Has Lung cancer

tugboater

Miller Tang Soo Do Rocks
To all of the nascar fans Benny Parson's just revealed today that he has lung cancer and will begin treatment asap.He says he will be in the booth for the Indy race.So wish him luck in his treatment.

tugboater

Miller Tang Soo Do Rocks
Just found out to that a female funny car racer Bunny Burkett revealed that she has breast cancer.She clams that budds creek is her home track.Wish her luck to.

hwyman3

That is a shame about both of them.

I've read Benny's comments, and with his attitude, he's going to pull out of this just fine. One of the best commentators on NASCAR.

Pandora

Nanny Pam said:
I really hate the C word! :bawl:

I went to a conference over the weekend and there is a dramatic actress that does drama presentations, Nicole Johnson. She did a skit on cancer and how it is like being in a boxing ring. There wasn’t a dry eye in the place. It might take ones life, but it will never take ones spirit.

Bunny is :yay: I’ve seen her break many records over the years.

tugboater

Miller Tang Soo Do Rocks
Yup she will beat it.If she can come back from a near fatal car in 1995 she can come back from this.

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
Pandora said:
I went to a conference over the weekend and there is a dramatic actress that does drama presentations, Nicole Johnson. She did a skit on cancer and how it is like being in a boxing ring. There wasn’t a dry eye in the place. It might take ones life, but it will never take ones spirit.

Bunny is :yay: I’ve seen her break many records over the years.
It took my dad's life in a matter of months. It never took his spirit. I remember when I thought he was unconscious and I was talking to him about how much he gave to me in my life, how he taught me to fish, how he taught me to be a tough girl, blah, blah, blah and he hadn't spoken a word in days and he opened his eyes and said "Put a lid on it, girl." I guess I was keeping him awake. I couldn't quit laughing.

Carry on.

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
Oh, Pandora, what a sweet memory for you. I have wonderful memories of my dad when he was dying, though I only had a few short weeks with him. My best is when they had him all drugged up and he decided to sit there in his big blue diaper (refusing to put the covers up - he would have NEVER done that without the brain cancer) and entertaining us all with just being funny. He really wasn't "my dad" during that time cause the cancer had just screwed up his brain, but his humor and wisdom came through. I have never laughed and cried so hard in my life. His life ended with dignity. That's all any of us can ever ask for. Hospice was a life-saver, as was my sister. A sad time, when someone is dying and you are just waiting for that moment so that they have peace, is something you never forget. I hope when my time comes, I go out with the same peace, no pain and the same dignity that my father did. The family has to provide that and make sure it happens. That is where Hospice comes in.

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
Agreed! He can't be so hard up for dough that he needs to broadcast. He doesn't have anything to prove by being there. I'd like to see him take the time he needs, rest, recuperate, and come back when he's feeling up to it. :yay:

Oz

You're all F'in Mad...
I doubt if its money. I think the guy just wants to beat the cancer while maintaining his routine and career, etc.

I suspect NBC may adjust his workload a little because he is hard to listen to. But heck - if this helps him mentally in his fight against cancer, I'll still watch/listen!

hwyman3

If he still feels like being in the booth let him. I would think it would be better to stay as active as you can to help fight it off rather than just sit at home.