Remember these?

Ecphora

Enjoying the Beach
Hey ladies who grew up in the 70's, do you remember those makeup mirrors that had the rotating mirror (1 side regular 1 side magnifing) and the lights on the sides that you could change according to the light you were going to be in. I think mine was made by Clairol. Do they still make these? I'd like to have one again.

greyhound

Ecphora said:
Hey ladies who grew up in the 70's, do you remember those makeup mirrors that had the rotating mirror (1 side regular 1 side magnifing) and the lights on the sides that you could change according to the light you were going to be in. I think mine was made by Clairol. Do they still make these? I'd like to have one again.

They were also very popular in the 80's. All my friends had them.

baileydog

I wanna be a SMIB
I have my original Clairol lighted make up mirror I got for xmas in 1980. Mine doesnt change light color but I remember those. Mine just has magnify one one side and regular on the other. Still all orignal though. I love that thing

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
I have a wall mounted mirror from Ikea that's regular on one side and magnified on the other. It's small and round, I'd say about 6" across and pulls out accordian style. B uses it for shaving. I use it for flossing and putting on my make-up! There are no lights on it though.

somd whisper

Ecphora said:

I think I saw one in target but if nothing else you could always check ebay

Atir211

Just got one last Christmas - my old one was so old it was yellowed and broken. I think you can find them at Sears. Just remember to get the one w/ the plug in the front - great for hair dryer & curling iron!

virgovictoria

Tight Pants and Lipstick
PREMO Member
memories...

Atir211 said:
Just got one last Christmas - my old one was so old it was yellowed and broken. I think you can find them at Sears. Just remember to get the one w/ the plug in the front - great for hair dryer & curling iron!
all of this just stimulated memories of my old house, growing up...

My room was the corner room on the upper level - at least during the time I was into "manicuring" myself....

I used to have a vanity stationed just so, between two windows for natural light... Had the whole set-up - blow dryer, curling iron, said mirror :lol:, brushes, picks, make-up.... Used the mirror's lights for "getting ready" at night :lol:

Oh Jeez! Those were the days.... To be a teen! Whoosh! :jameo:

O

outofkash

DON't LAUGH... :smack: I have one too! My eyes ain't as good as they once was! (Isn't that a country/western song?) :larry:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
outofkash said:
DON't LAUGH... :smack: I have one too! My eyes ain't as good as they once was! (Isn't that a country/western song?) :larry:

:lol: I'm laughing WITH you, not AT you, sis. :huggy: We still on for tomorrow?