More Bad News

mjkc135

mjkc135
Unfortuntly my father - inlaw not only has lung cancer but when seeing the oncologist for further diagnoises they found a BRAIN TUMOR.
Can anyone give me an information or stories that might help me to either comfort or educate my husband on what the family might experience?
My husband is with his family now and would appreicate anything I can find out for him so they can possibably be somewhat prepared.
Also, I would like to thank you all that have gotten back with support and prayers.........................

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Each brain tumor is different. It would be unfair to freak you out with one persons experience, or cause you to let your guard down because of another's experience. You'll have to see what kind of tumor it is and go from there. You obviously have access to the internet. Do the research.

mjkc135 said:
Unfortuntly my father - inlaw not only has lung cancer but when seeing the oncologist for further diagnoises they found a BRAIN TUMOR.
Can anyone give me an information or stories that might help me to either comfort or educate my husband on what the family might experience?
My husband is with his family now and would appreicate anything I can find out for him so they can possibably be somewhat prepared.
Also, I would like to thank you all that have gotten back with support and prayers.........................
You really should contact Hospice. This is exactly the situation they were created for... wishing strength and courage for you and yours... :huggy:

Tina2001aniT

mjkc135 said:

HOSPICE HOSPICE HOSPICE....I can not say it enough. My father had lung cancer which eventually spread EVERYWHERE including his brain. We were young at the time, geesh my dad was only 41 when he died, and hospice was wonderful very comforting. My dad suffered for close to six years with cancer, the DAY before he died our hospice nurse Margaret told us (myself and my three siblings) that the only reason he was still alive was that he didn't want to leave us. So we all went in we were ages 23, 19, 14, 11 and gave my father permission to die and assured him that we would be ok if he were to go. It was less than 12 hours later that he passed. HOSPICE is VERY HELPFUL in making the dying as well as the family as comfortable as possible.

mjkc135

mjkc135
elaine said:
Each brain tumor is different. It would be unfair to freak you out with one persons experience, or cause you to let your guard down because of another's experience. You'll have to see what kind of tumor it is and go from there. You obviously have access to the internet. Do the research.
I have done the research and now I would like to hear true stories from what people have experienced. If people are willing to share that information.
My husband wants to get some idea of what to expect and I told him how nice everyone was on here with the support and prayers and he asked that I try for real life experiences.
Also my father inlaw lives in Pa and is denial right now and would be very upset if Hospice was called in at this point. But thanks to those for the suggestion.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
mjkc135 said:
I have done the research and now I would like to hear true stories from what people have experienced. If people are willing to share that information.
My husband wants to get some idea of what to expect and I told him how nice everyone was on here with the support and prayers and he asked that I try for real life experiences.
Also my father inlaw lives in Pa and is denial right now and would be very upset if Hospice was called in at this point. But thanks to those for the suggestion.

My mother had a very aggressive glioblastoma, and died within weeks of diagnosis. Even these tumors cause different symptoms, depending on the location of the tumor, so that isn't much help either. You haven't told me enough to respond to you very well.

mjkc135

mjkc135
elaine said:
My mother had a very aggressive glioblastoma, and died within weeks of diagnosis. Even these tumors cause different symptoms, depending on the location of the tumor, so that isn't much help either. You haven't told me enough to respond to you very well.
Sorry I have been posting about this off and on and I guess I forget that others will respond tooooooooooooo
I am at work and will have to go into more detail later. But thank you

sunflower

Loving My Life...
mjkc135 said:

Check your Pm'r

Purplefox

I AM an enigma
My mother was diagnosed with Breast cancer in the early 60's and beat it. Then in late 1995 she was diagnosed with Poorly differentiated sarcoma, a very aggressive cancer which started in the lung and had metastasized to the brain.

She had two craniotomies done to relieve the pressure that the tumors were putting on her brain, but the tumor in her lung was inoperable. She opted not to go for aggressive chemotherapy or radiation (she had been through it all in the 60's). She did not want to be sick for the last months of her life.

I agree with everyone on here about Hospice. What a truly amazing group of people. I don't know what we would have done without them.

Needless to say, my Mother passed away the early part of 1996, and I miss her terribly.

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
:huggy: to all. Tina - You went thru the same thing I did with my dad last December, sounds like, but my dad was 75.

I don't know anything about brain tumors, just brain cancer.

watercolor

yeah yeah
Again, like others have said, I cannot ring praises enough about Hospice. All you have to do is give them a call- and tell them exactly what you said here. They will maybe ask you a couple other questions- but then will fill you with information. Hospice helped my dad so much while he was in his passing months- and helped my grandparents and I tremendously. My father was only 44 when he passed away from pancreatic cancer.

Also- like alot of people said- every one of them is different. It depends on alot of things- but hospice will help. Its sometimes hard to make the call- only because it becomes so real.. but- I promise- they are a wealth of knowledge. :huggy: