Any fly fishing around here?

Ponytail

Am I going to miss PA fly fishing or is there something comparable here? Trout fishing is hard to beat.

K

Kain99

There is a fly fishing store in Hughesville so I guess they do fly fish around here.

We do have St. May's Lake and it's pretty well stocked.

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
Yes, there sure is. In St. Mary's there is the lake, but I head to Western Md, cross the line into VA and fish the streams and rivers. Couple hours drive max and well worth it.

SmallTown

Football season!
Originally posted by migtig
Yes, there sure is. In St. Mary's there is the lake, but I head to Western Md, cross the line into VA and fish the streams and rivers. Couple hours drive max and well worth it.

I havn't tried up in that area, but i used to go to the streams and rivers in SW virginia and it was a lot of fun. Some of the places we would go were the Arcadia and Eagle Rock areas... Bit of a drive from here, but nice :smile:

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
Originally posted by Ponytail
I'm guessing it's similar to our "snipe hunting" in PA?:confused:
Rockfish weigh in at as much as I do....:biggrin: Try hooking one of those suckers with a fly rod!

Jameo

What?!
Originally posted by migtig
:roflmao: I fell for that - don't let anybody convince you to try it PT!

He wasn't joking Mig! Seriously, people do it all the time! The rockfish that you would catch on a fly aren't "normally" the big ones, you get the lil' ones breaking on the top. No joke!

:cheers:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Originally posted by Jameo
He wasn't joking Mig! Seriously, people do it all the time! The rockfish that you would catch on a fly aren't "normally" the big ones, you get the lil' ones breaking on the top. No joke!

:cheers:
Shouldn't that be TRUE STORY!!!

SeaRide

Bay Fly angler

86-ebrock.jpg

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Just about any local body of water can be fly fished. If you have access to a boat then there is no limit to the amount of water you can fly fish.