Woodworkers

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
and furniture builders, I have something you may be interested in. While we were on vacation we stayed at a Bed & Breakfast called The Beech Tree Inn located in Hertford, NC. All the "rooms" were actually pre civil war buildings that had been dismantled then reassembled on the property. Very cool.

Well the guy that does all this also teaches you how to build furniture. You go down for a week, stay on the property and build pieces of furniture. My wife wants me to go and build a blanket chest, I'd rather learn to build the Chippenale chair instead.

http://www.beechtreeinn.net or http://www.hobbsfurniture.com

Last edited:

Vince

I would love to go to this place. I'd build that Queen Anne Lowboy, but I've always had a problem with the cabriole style legs. I finally got a technique for them entailing cutting them out with a bandsaw and then shaping. :coffee:

greyhound

kom562 said:
Woodworkers and furniture builders, I have something you may be interested in. While we were on vacation we stayed at a Bed & Breakfast called The Beech Tree Inn.

kom526 said:
Lodging and lunch is included, looks like you are on your own for breakfast and dinner.

So, actually you stayed at a "Bed & Lunch". :howdy:

Vince

kom526 said:
Lodging and lunch is included, looks like you are on your own for breakfast and dinner.
I don't eat breakfast anyway, just coffee. Do they let you choose the type of wood for your project?

kom526

Vince said:
I don't eat breakfast anyway, just coffee. Do they let you choose the type of wood for your project?
I'm not sure, I think they use cherry for the projects, but don't quote me on that. I do know that the Chippendale chairs looked fantastic.

Greyhound: :razz: :lmao:
Bed and Breakfast for guests, bed and lunch for students.:shrug: :lmao:

greyhound

My husband thinks I'm crazy, but I would love to learn how to make furniture. I watch Norm on the "New Yankee Workshop" every week. If I had the right tools, I think I could make something. :whistle:

kom526

greyhound said:
My husband thinks I'm crazy, but I would love to learn how to make furniture. I watch Norm on the "New Yankee Workshop" every week. If I had the right tools, I think I could make something. :whistle:
Mrs. Hobbs told us that they have several couples that come down regularly to build. Just tell him that it'll give him an excuse to buy more tools. :lmao: