Leaky Heart Valves

Angel

~*~*~
If your Doctor told you that you had Leaky and Flimsy Heart Valves, but not too worry because they aren't the bad kind, how would you react? I am thinking that if something is leaking it isn't getting any better, but I do not have a degree in medicine. What do you think?

P. S. - Please remember that I am your forum hypochondriac.

Angel

~*~*~
CMC122 said:
Do you have Mitral Valve Prolapse?
I'm not sure. When my Doctor was reviewing my Heart Sono, Carotid Artery (whatever the Hell it was called) Sono, and Cat Scan, he said, "Oh you have, blah, blah, medical term, blah". I said, "what the hell does that mean?" He said, "you have floppy and leaky heart valves, but don't worry about it because they aren't bad." Then he said, "If it was the bad kind you would have to have (some more medical crap) a camera put into your heart and we would check it out. If your symptoms aren't any better by September we will consider having (whatever the hell the medical term for the camera in the heart is) and have you studied at Johns Hopkins."

I thought I was being the good patient by asking him what the hell he was talking about, but his floppy, leaky heart valve that isn't bad response didn't help.

The CT results were good, the Carotid whatever the hell it is results were good, but the Heart Sono thingy was when he said the floppy leaky valve thing.

CMC122

Go Braves!
Angel said:
I'm not sure. When my Doctor was reviewing my Heart Sono, Carotid Artery (whatever the Hell it was called) Sono, and Cat Scan, he said, "Oh you have, blah, blah, medical term, blah". I said, "what the hell does that mean?" He said, "you have floppy and leaky heart valves, but don't worry about it because they aren't bad." Then he said, "If it was the bad kind you would have to have (some more medical crap) a camera put into your heart and we would check it out. If your symptoms aren't any better by September we will consider having (whatever the hell the medical term for the camera in the heart is) and have you studied at Johns Hopkins."

I thought I was being the good patient by asking him what the hell he was talking about, but his floppy, leaky heart valve that isn't bad response didn't help.

The CT results were good, the Carotid whatever the hell it is results were good, but the Heart Sono thingy was when he said the floppy leaky valve thing.
You really need to go back and clear that up with him. It sounds like MVP which is very common, but you really should have a better understanding of what he said you have. Otherwise your just grasping for straws here.......

virgovictoria

Tight Pants and Lipstick
PREMO Member
CMC122 said:
You really need to go back and clear that up with him. It sounds like MVP which is very common, but you really should have a better understanding of what he said you have. Otherwise your just grasping for straws here.......
Is it me? :confused: Or do you envision Charlie Brown's teacher as her physician? And she the student leaving the classroom no more enlightened than Sally after being given a big assignment? :lol:

Geek

Angel said:
If your Doctor told you that you had Leaky and Flimsy Heart Valves, but not too worry because they aren't the bad kind, how would you react? I am thinking that if something is leaking it isn't getting any better, but I do not have a degree in medicine. What do you think?

P. S. - Please remember that I am your forum hypochondriac.

Get your results and get a second opinion. With something as important as your heart, don't take any risks.

BlackSheep

Hmmm

Most folks w/MVP (mitral valve prolapse) are active and healthy, without symptoms! Most don't even know they have MVP. It is rare for this conditon to be serious or life threatening..however-folks who do have symptoms should seek medical advice, because the treatment could be as simple and as minimal as taking pills to ward off the symptoms. Surgery is seldom indicated, and an operation is reserved for very rare cases.
Good luck with this and eat your veggies. BTW-If you smoke- :boo: