Need a place for a farewell luncheon

kerriellen

I have been tasked to put together a luncheon for a coworker that is transferring in early Oct. The only stipulations my boss put on the details is that he doesn't want the Officer's Club or Tavern at the Village and doesn't want it to be too expensive. He did mention he thought it would be great to have local crabs and beer. Is there anywhere not too far from the base we could have a luncheon for 50 or so people with local crabs? If not, any other suggestions for locations? Thanks!

FancyBelle

I'm 2 old 2 die young!
kwillia said:
Call Clarke's Landing and see if they can do this for you.
:yeahthat: I doubt if you can get crabs that time of year, but it's still pretty enough to eat outside. That place is fantastic and the service is always good.

FancyBelle

I'm 2 old 2 die young!
ServiceGuy said:
Maybe Hollywood Fire Dept? :shrug:
You wouldn't want a fire house for 50 ppl. I think they get 1500 rent there. Do Outback or Clarkes Landing or some place like that.

Ehesef

Yo Gabba Gabba
FancyBelle said:
You wouldn't want a fire house for 50 ppl. I think they get 1500 rent there. Do Outback or Clarkes Landing or some place like that.
They have the smaller Huseman room at the Fire House. Cheaper, smaller, but still nice.

Suz

33 yrs & we r still n luv
kerriellen said:
I have been tasked to put together a luncheon for a coworker that is transferring in early Oct. The only stipulations my boss put on the details is that he doesn't want the Officer's Club or Tavern at the Village and doesn't want it to be too expensive. He did mention he thought it would be great to have local crabs and beer. Is there anywhere not too far from the base we could have a luncheon for 50 or so people with local crabs? If not, any other suggestions for locations? Thanks!

You may still be able to get crabs early Oct. Doesn't the season run into November?

Anyway, sounds like you want a laid back type of atmosphere. Maybe, a bar-b-que type setting outdoors? If you have base access why not one of the pavilions on PAX or at the Rec center in Solomon's?