Getting to BWI

MMDad

Lem Putt
My :crazy: mom will be flying in on Sunday, and leaving Thursday. Her flight Thursday at 2 will be a problem. We would have to leave by 11 to ensure she makes her flight. Wife works 9-11, 1-3, and 6-8. Rearranging her schedule is a PITA, but she could do it. It's also our son's second day of pre-school, so we don't want to pull him out, and he gets out just before noon.

It's a terrible time for me to take off due to some hectic project schedules. It would kill the whole day.

Are there any shuttles that run to BWI? We're in Lusby, so PF, the Park, or vicinity would work.

I always rent a car when I travel for work. I know she could rent a car for around $40, but is there a cheaper option?

unixpirate

Pitty Party
RoseRed said:
I think there is one called Martin's Shuttle Service or something like that.

I had, (not anymore) :lol: j/k ( I still have one) a friend come in from New Mexico last year. Took one of the shuttle services from BWI. It makes several stops because of the other people in the same shuttle. Took him friggin' forever. I don't think that would be a good idea MM for Mom. She'll be pizzed by the time she got home.

You can pick any shuttle up at the airport, but be prepared for a long ride. It's like $50.

MMDad

Lem Putt
unixpirate said:
I had, (not anymore) :lol: j/k ( I still have one) a friend come in from New Mexico last year. Took one of the shuttle services from BWI. It makes several stops because of the other people in the same shuttle. Took him friggin' forever. I don't think that would be a good idea MM for Mom. She'll be pizzed by the time she got home.

You can pick any shuttle up at the airport, but be prepared for a long ride. It's like $50.
I called the shuttle in Prince Frederick. $120. No effing way.

harleygirl

Working for the weekend
MMDad said:
I called the shuttle in Prince Frederick. $120. No effing way.
BWI is a nice airport, I would tell momma to bring a book and grab a bite to eat, and you will be there as soon as you get off work.

MMDad

Lem Putt
harleygirl said:
BWI is a nice airport, I would tell momma to bring a book and grab a bite to eat, and you will be there as soon as you get off work.
I'm looking to get her up there on Thursday the 7th. We'll go get her on Sunday.

harleygirl

Working for the weekend
MMDad said:
I'm looking to get her up there on Thursday the 7th. We'll go get her on Sunday.
Oh I see.......maybe you could change her to a later flight, or leave in the wee hours of the morning, and mom would just have to wait. I hate when people do this without checking to make sure that the folks they are staying with are not inconvenienced.

MMDad

Lem Putt
harleygirl said:
Oh I see.......maybe you could change her to a later flight, or leave in the wee hours of the morning, and mom would just have to wait. I hate when people do this without checking to make sure that the folks they are staying with are not inconvenienced.
That's how we feel - she could have asked.

She's on a cheapo Southwest ticket, so it can't be changed for a reasonable price. I'm still thinking the rental car will be cheapest.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Take mom to dinner...

MMDad said:
My :crazy: mom will be flying in on Sunday, and leaving Thursday. Her flight Thursday at 2 will be a problem. We would have to leave by 11 to ensure she makes her flight. Wife works 9-11, 1-3, and 6-8. Rearranging her schedule is a PITA, but she could do it. It's also our son's second day of pre-school, so we don't want to pull him out, and he gets out just before noon.

It's a terrible time for me to take off due to some hectic project schedules. It would kill the whole day.

Are there any shuttles that run to BWI? We're in Lusby, so PF, the Park, or vicinity would work.

I always rent a car when I travel for work. I know she could rent a car for around $40, but is there a cheaper option?

...in Annapolis or Baltimore Wednesday night and drop her at an airport hotel. They'll get her to the airport. She won't be stressed on a travel day. Your family sticks to its schedule. You're a hero to mom.

CMC122

Go Braves!
Dosen't the airport down here have hopper planes that go to (and vice versa) BWI for like $50? Or has that changed?

buddy999

It's Great to be American
MMDad said:

Renting a car would work if you don't mind paying the fee to return the car back to the place you rented it from.

The last trip I went on I wanted to rent a car in LP and leave it at National. I was told that if I was traveling on orders I could do that and not pay the fee. I wasn't on orders so it would have cost me an extra $100+ dropoff fee.

mingiz

Horse Poor
We have used Martins before. Just didn't feel like driving at 4am to the airport. Other half said they were ok but the driver he had didn't know how to keep steady pressure on the gas pedal so it was a long trip slowing down speeding up. I think it cost us 80$ and we had to meet him in town becasue they were going to charge us another 25$ to come 10 more miles to pick him up at the door. In the long run it was cheaper for me to drive up & back....

Larry Gude said:
...in Annapolis or Baltimore Wednesday night and drop her at an airport hotel. They'll get her to the airport. She won't be stressed on a travel day. Your family sticks to its schedule. You're a hero to mom.
:yeahthat:

greyhound

MMDad said:

http://www.goairportshuttle.com/Fareslist.html

http://m-selam.tripod.com/bwi/

http://www.allairportshuttle.com/

Or you could have her stay at a hotel around BWI Wednesday night and take the hotel shuttle to the airport.

Oz

You're all F'in Mad...
$110 for a one-way shuttle is cheap! I doubt if she could rent a car for the same price as you folks who travel with the government. I have tried before and one way was much more expensive than $40.

I'd go with the airport hotel. That's a great idea!

MMDad

Lem Putt
Oz said:
$110 for a one-way shuttle is cheap! I doubt if she could rent a car for the same price as you folks who travel with the government. I have tried before and one way was much more expensive than $40.

I'd go with the airport hotel. That's a great idea!
Actually, one way from the Park to BWI with no discounts is $53 from Hertz. We're looking into discounts now.

mrweb

Iron City
MMDad said:
Actually, one way from the Park to BWI with no discounts is $53 from Hertz. We're looking into discounts now.

SmartRide Inc was $95 from Prince Frederick, however I think they will drop off and pick-up at your requested location.