Help

J

jp2854

I need some ideas on things to eat that help hyou lose weight. I need to lose about 30 to 35lbs after my grandfather had his heart attack and quadruple bypass it made me think that I need to say goodbye to these lbs that are hanging on to me.

I know i need a :buttkick: to get me going as i have hard time motivating myself to do it.

jp2854 said:
I need some ideas on things to eat that help hyou lose weight. I need to lose about 30 to 35lbs after my grandfather had his heart attack and quadruple bypass it made me think that I need to say goodbye to these lbs that are hanging on to me.

I know i need a :buttkick: to get me going as i have hard time motivating myself to do it.
Check out this website for ways to cut calories... hungry-girl.com

J

jp2854

Yes nanny i read your pm. I need an overnight miracle (Just kidding) but would love to have some of this off by thanksgiving.

K_Jo

Pea Brain
PREMO Member
jp2854 said:

Spend more time on the forums. Laughter burns a ton of calories and you'll often lose your appetite. :yay:

Nicole_in_somd

How you like me now?
jp2854 said:

I read in womens day, (I think) that Betty Crocker Win to lose was awesome. Great and easy meals that everyone would love and you will lose weight if you follow their plan.

Mikeinsmd

jp2854 said:
I need some ideas on things to eat that help hyou lose weight.
Eat nothing but Big N Tastys. You're welcome. :yay:

Attachments

• big_mac_butt.jpg
    big_mac_butt.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 152
J

jp2854

eeewwwwwwww yuck mike. I dont eat that much junk food or any of that. Its the icecream that is the killer and the bread I think (I have maybe 3 sandwhichs a week but that is going to be but done to maybe 1 a week. I also bought a lot more veggies and fruit so I plan to start snacking on those instead of eating the cookies that we have here. My downfall is sweets that is it. Other than that I eat pretty healthy. I dont eat out except maybe 2 time a month if that. I also do eat a lot of salads from time to time too.

Mikeinsmd

jp2854 said:
eeewwwwwwww yuck mike. I dont eat that much junk food or any of that. Its the icecream that is the killer and the bread I think (I have maybe 3 sandwhichs a week but that is going to be but done to maybe 1 a week. I also bought a lot more veggies and fruit so I plan to start snacking on those instead of eating the cookies that we have here. My downfall is sweets that is it. Other than that I eat pretty healthy. I dont eat out except maybe 2 time a month if that. I also do eat a lot of salads from time to time too.
There was another thread by someone wanting to lose weight rapidly. The consensus is Atkins. It works plain and simple. If you follow it religeously, you'll lose 10 lbs. in 2 weeks easily. You cheat (even a little), you won't. Once you get past the first week without your vices, you won't miss them.

Icecream, bread, sweets, even some fruits (all sugar) will pack on the pounds. Watch the veggies too. Green, leafy veggies & beans are low carb. Colored veggies have high carbs.

Exercise!!!! Can't say it enough. Lift a little weight to add muscle. Muscle burns calories, fat absorbs.

forever jewel

Green Eyed Lady
Mikeinsmd said:
Exercise!!!! Can't say it enough. Lift a little weight to add muscle. Muscle burns calories, fat absorbs.

I recently started cycling and I've dropped about 5-7 pounds in a couple weeks, but more importantly inches off my legs and waist. I enjoy it because I can get my frustrations and stress out through biking. Exercising might be a good way for you to rid yourself of some of your stress/worries about your family. :huggy:

Good Luck!!!

Terps

I suggest exercise if you dont already. Find something you like whether its running or walking, any sports and start taking part in that. If you can find an exercise buddy as well that would help you too. Diet and exercise are going to be the safest way to get your weight under control. Good luck with this. I know its easier said than done. I started running and watching what i eat and its amazing what a difference a healthy balanced diet can do for you.