My Brother's Place

jwwb2000

pretty black roses
3081 Old Washington Road, Waldorf

Anyone ever been to this place? Also do ya know how to get there?

lillymay

Yep, it's right across the street from the Gold Mine Saloon on Rt. 925. They usually have young bands and no alcohol.

lillymay said:
Yep, it's right across the street from the Gold Mine Saloon on Rt. 925. They usually have young bands and no alcohol.

:yeahthat: Isn't it a Christian themed place for kids to hang out and not get into trouble?

L

lugebob

Bro Place

I have been there many times in the past when my son had his band ."Third Complaint" going strong. They were the rival band to Good Charlotte 5 years or so ago.. and we all know how that turned out.

Mostly teen bands play here. Pop Punk, Hardcore, EMO. They are not allowed to curse or play the devils music and alcohol and smokes are forbidden. It really is a good deal for the kids... great sound system and engineer on the job..
I think they also have acoustic and christain bands on Saturday nights in coffee house fashion.

Coming from your neck of the woods. come up Rt5 to waldorf and make a right on RT 925 (Old Washington RD).. it is like the second building on the left.

luge bob

Pandora

:yeahthat:

My sister has sang there TONS of times.

In fact, I think my sister opened for your son’s band. :eyebrow: Of course, this has been about 5 years ago. She was always introduced as the next Sandi Patti.

It is right on the corner of Rt. 5 and 925, coming from St. Mary's County down Rt. 5 towards Waldorf, make a right at the traffic light. It will be on your left hand side, next to the funeral home and across from the Gold Mine.

ponchie

And what do they consider "devil's music"? And the kids are making out in every corner of the place. But all in all, it's a decent place for the teens to go except for their sometimes the overboard security.

jwwb2000

pretty black roses
Well crap.

I wanted to go and see a band but knowing I will be surrounded by a bunch of teens and them making out, I will just catch em when they play elsewhere.

Last edited:

Magnum

Should be Huntin
Not sure how it is now but a few years back all the freaks would go there, then to Checkers on Friday nights. Lots of drugs and drinking. Not sure if it is still like that now though.

Magnum said:
Not sure how it is now but a few years back all the freaks would go there, then to Checkers on Friday nights. Lots of drugs and drinking. Not sure if it is still like that now though.

Well, it IS Waldorf. :whistle:

F

Fallen

jwwb2000 said:

I use to go there when I was in High School. Its not always for young kids, I think the young kids usually just went on Friday nights, least thats the only time I went.

sockgirl77

jwwb2000 said:

My 17 year old brother goes there alot. It's an all age club. :yay: