From a Taurus to an Escape ...

Nanny Pam

I just want to toss this thread into the mix because I am thinking about trading my 2005 Ford Taurus with 6,000 miles for a 2005 Ford Escape 4X4 with 25,000 miles. It would cost me $40.00 per month more than I am paying for the Taurus.

Now pro's & con's. What are they? What have you heard about the Escape that I should know?

TIA

bcp

In My Opinion
escape has a poor repair rating.
troubles with the transmission due to its new design.
owner overall satisfaction low.

I researched it on the web a while back because I was thinking of getting one. I read enough to change my mind.

Nanny Pam

bcp said:
escape has a poor repair rating.
troubles with the transmission due to its new design.
owner overall satisfaction low.

I researched it on the web a while back because I was thinking of getting one. I read enough to change my mind.
Thank you.

anyone else?

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
We had our Escape for two years and I liked it but traded up to the Explorer. I loved the Explorer but didn't need it any longer so I now have the Fusion which I really like!

We had no problems at all with the Escape. Check with Barb, she's had two and I think she's very happy.

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
Nanny Pam said:
I just want to toss this thread into the mix because I am thinking about trading my 2005 Ford Taurus with 6,000 miles for a 2005 Ford Escape 4X4 with 25,000 miles. It would cost me $40.00 per month more than I am paying for the Taurus.

Now pro's & con's. What are they? What have you heard about the Escape that I should know?

TIA
I think they are cute. :smile:

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
Nanny Pam said:
Thanks everyone.
:jameo: what to do.....what to do.

Do you trust the dealer? Since it's used, that would be my only concern. Our Escape was a nice, stable vehicle. It did WONDERFUL in the snow. The only problem was once the snow was too deep for it (since it's a smaller SUV) but once we dug out a bit so she could get her "grip" we got right out of the driveway. We had the 6 cylinder and like Barb said, it's not that easy on the gas. I think we got around 17 mpg. I got a great deal on my sister's almost new Explorer, that's the only reason I got rid of the Escape.

Incidentally, the Explorer got the same gas mileage and it is a much nicer vehicle. I'd think they'd give you a better deal on one of those.

dustin

UAIOE
Also look at kbb.com and see how much your car is blue booked for on a trade-in vices selling it yourself.