Media and Iraq War

Warron

Does it appear to anyone else that there has been a sudden increase in the 'No' vote count for the current survey on the main page of www.somd.com . Last time I looked the 'No's were loosing big time. Not that I don't like having people agree with me, but I'm beginning to think that stacking the vote for that survey should be the start of my list in the "What bugs you" thread.

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
Maybe now that the war has started people want more information from the media about what's happening.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Some pin-head screwing with the count by deleting the cookies or something. It's happened before.

SmallTown

Football season!
Wouldn't be the first time someone messed with a poll on here (which has got to be the dumbest thing I ever heard of doing)
But unless CNN or foxnews people come on here, I don't see where anyone would have an interest in seeing the poll one way or the other.

Christy

b*tch rocket
I'm totally divided on the media and the war. For the most part, I think they've done a good job of behaving themselves and respecting the need for some amount of secrecy (unlike the media nightmare in when our special forces were landing on the beaches of Somalia. :burning: )

But then again, I'm not sure if it's the media being courteous, or if it's the Pentagon being very tight lipped. Probably a little bit of both.

I do hope the media gains a bit of respect for what it is our military does now that they are in the thick of it with them.