Colin Powell

Christy

b*tch rocket
To the Archbishop of Canterbury... (when questioned on US Imperialism)

"Over the years, the United States has sent many of its fine young men and women into great peril to fight for freedom beyond our borders. The only amount of land we have ever asked for in return is enough to bury those that did not return."

And I already checked snopes, it's valid! :lol:

J

justhangn

Originally posted by ememdee19
I say, this man should definitely run for Pres!!!!!!!!!

ONLY if he wants to have the shortest time served as president in US history. This country is NOT ready for a black president and probably NEVER will be.

Pookie

Ghetto Fabulous
Originally posted by justhangn
ONLY if he wants to have the shortest time served as president in US history. This country is NOT ready for a black president and probably NEVER will be.

The man is a freakin genius! You definitely aren't speaking for me cuz I would love to see him run! Quite a few people I know also feel the same way.

J

justhangn

Originally posted by cariblue
You speakin' for the entire country ? Or just yourself?

I'm not sure if you are attempting to be funny or if you are serious.

IF you would honestly think about it, you'd know that there is too much bigotry in this country for there to be a black president.

J

justhangn

Originally posted by ememdee19
The man is a freakin genius! You definitely aren't speaking for me cuz I would love to see him run! Quite a few people I know also feel the same way.

Sadly, his intelligence would have very little to do with his winning or losing. BUT he’s a bit too liberal for my liking. He’s only came around to my way of thinking over the last year or so.

Pookie

Ghetto Fabulous
I can see your point, JH...there are still a lot of close minded idiots in this world, but I've always thought that Powell would do wonders in office.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Originally posted by MDindef
Everyone stop yelling!
That's not yelling...THIS IS YELLING!!! :lol:

I agree that Colin Powell would be a fine president, but the "Good Ole Boy" Network that still runs this country would never allow it.

J

justhangn

Originally posted by cariblue
And statements like yours just serve to perpetuate it. It's nice to know where you're coming from, though. Thanks for the insight.

I am a realists, pull no punches and call a spade a spade. No where did I say my point of view on the subject, what so ever.

It's the same old BS on "Cari will tell you what you're thinking".

Christy

b*tch rocket
I'm not sure if I would vote for Powell or not vote for Powell for President. Guess it would depend on where he stood on the issues. I was heavily for McCain in the Republican primaries due to his miltary background and whatnot, then I got a good look at where he stood on various issues and that was the end of that.

I don't think this country is as racist as the media portrays it to be. I believe for the vast majority of folks, color simply doesn't matter. Those who it does matter to, are normally too drunk to bother to vote. :lol:

Last edited:

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
Originally posted by kwillia
I read this and the first thing that came to mind was
A1326C-lg.jpg

I didn't realize I misunderstood the intent of your comment... :confused:
Hey I am a big redneck!! And I have been saying for years that I would vote for Powell. Redneck does NOT mean Racist. Watch your slurs.:razz:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Powell sucks. Mr. Diplomacy. Mr. Affirmative Action. Mr. Appeasement.

Someone tell me something Powell has done that might make me reconsider. Because if I think Bush is a wuss (and I mostly do), I'm definitely not going to be impressed with Powell.

I never even thought about him being black - who cares about that stuff? FYI, Justhangn, they did a poll when the Republicans were trying to figure out who to pit against Gore, and Powell was a BIG leader among Republicans. Democrats said they'd even cross over to vote for him. I'll try and find a link somewhere.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Powell is a poor choice. If there was a chance to get a conservative black in the executive office I'd have no objections to J.C. Watts.

He'll need to get a little age on him to get a convinced following though.

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
For what it's worth....

Originally posted by vraiblonde
Powell sucks. Mr. Diplomacy. Mr. Affirmative Action. Mr. Appeasement.

I never even thought about him being black - who cares about that stuff? FYI, Justhangn, they did a poll when the Republicans were trying to figure out who to pit against Gore, and Powell was a BIG leader among Republicans. Democrats said they'd even cross over to vote for him. I'll try and find a link somewhere.
I think Colin powell has learned a lot in the last six months about diplomacy, and the action required of him. He used to be a dove, but I think these last few months he's turned away from his dovish stance. He'd be a very good choice for president. His presentations at the UN Security Council swayed me in his favor.

I've always thought, listening to Jean Kirkpatrick(former Ambassador to the UN), that she would make a good president or vice. If you get a chance to hear her views, she makes very good sense, is a heck of a diplomat, and has years of experience in the international community.

Powell and Kirkparick would be a very good ticket I think. JMHO

Last edited:
J

justhangn

Originally posted by vraiblonde

FYI Vrai,:razz: I didn't say people wouldn't vote for him, I stated that he would more than likely be attacked if he were to make it to office.

Look at it this way......the guy that was trying to bring democracy to Serbia wasn't hated by everyone, just a couple guys with high-powered rifles that belonged to a group that hated him. :really:

Last edited by a moderator:
J

justhangn

Originally posted by kwillia
:roflmao: Quick... someone post the "will this thread ever die" picture!!!

You're no fun at all.....how am I supposed to be entertained if I don't stir the eternal pot of excrement??

Then again……calling people names and out of the carpet seems like the latest craze.
action-smiley-002.gif
:roflmao: