Oga Asian Cuisine Vs. China Harbor

Pete

Repete
Went to the new Asian restaurant in downtown Leonardtown tonight and it was great.

The place is a tad small but the decor is bright and pleasant. The menu is fairly extensive including sushi. As with most Asian restaurants the service was great.

Boy and I had steamed dumplings, Chicken Lo mien and General Tso's chicken. All were very tasty and ample. We ate our fill and ended up bringing home enough for lunch tomorrow. The table next to us had sushi and even though I am not a huge sushi fan it looked great. The sushi chef was working busily putting out tray after tray at the sushi bar for pick up orders. An appetiser and 2 entrees and drinks cost us $23. Only thing I noticed that was worth mentioning is the broccoli used to surround the General Tso's chicken was cold.

Went to China Harbor last weekend. China Harbor of course has a greater seafood selection than Oga but I did not notice sushi.

Boy and I had the fried crab and cheese wantons, known world wide typically as crab rangoons. We had 2 entrees, sesame chicken and calamari with black bean sauce and soft drinks. Service was great but the food took longer to come out than Oga's and to tell the truth it was so-so. The decor is a little darker although the murals are cool. The bill came to $44. Now in fairness Lo Mien is a less expensive than calamari but still the rest was comparable.

All things considered Oga's was great food, great service, good sized portions and considerably less expensive.

If you are in the mood for good Asian food that wont tear the hell out of a $50 bill and you are in ST Mary's, skip the bridge because Oga's is the place.

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
mainman said:
:yay: Sounds good..... I had catt and otter for dinner.... and I wasn't even at a chinese joint...:lol:
I can see a super secret luncheon there cause I'm right around the corner.

Pete

Repete
mainman said:
:yay: Sounds good..... I had catt and otter for dinner.... and I wasn't even at a chinese joint...:lol:
Was the Otter tough? I heard if it is marinated in Miller Lite it is not so tough.

MMDad

Lem Putt
Pete said:
If you are in the mood for good Asian food that wont tear the hell out of a $50 bill and you are in ST Mary's, skip the bridge because Oga's is the place.
But Shina Hahbah has ads by Ivan Ree!

T

tikipirate

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Pete again.

Good post! Always looking for some tasty and ample Asian.

China Harbor food is good, albeit spendy. Haven't been back there since g/f discovered a short, black, straight, and obviously Asian pube in her otherwise tasty dish. Kids these days!

R

remaxrealtor

R and I ventured out to L-town and gave it a try tonight. It was most excellent! Very nicely done inside, clean, and the Singapore Noodles were YUM!

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
Pete said:
Went to the new Asian restaurant in downtown Leonardtown .
And where exactly is this place?
Drove down main street today and didn't see it.

DidWhat's Birthday is tomorrow and I (being the great husband, I think) want to take her to a nice place that we have never been before.

Pete

Repete
DoWhat said:

DidWhat's Birthday is tomorrow and I (being the great husband, I think) want to take her to a nice place that we have never been before.
NExt to the propane place in Leonardtown, just down from 4 Barf pizza.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
DoWhat said:

Jake & Al's :yay:

CMC122

Go Braves!
We went to Oga this evening and it was very good! And we fed a family of 5 for $36! The staff was great and the restuarant itself is very pretty. We'll be going back often:yay:

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Pete, thanks for the opinion!

We have a conundrum here, I LOVE chinese food, and BG doesn't like it at all.. Will have to drag her to Leanardtown to try Oga.. I like China Harbor, as it is the best I've had in the area (besides Bon Buffet :sarcasm:) so far (not the best I've ever had) so if it's better then China Harbor I'm there