Where can I get music?

missi1013

Catch Me If You Can!
Where can I download music off the internet? I was using Morpheus, but we had big problems with them!!! Can anyone help?:confused:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Kazaa is what I use, too BUT you have to be careful - it's got built-in spyware. I don't have it on my computer for work, just the one that I wouldn't care if someone hacked into it.

missi1013

Catch Me If You Can!
Thanks!! But the built-in-spyware was the problem. We had people breaking in our computer and restarting it and what ever else. But my husbend put Norton AntiVirus on here and we haven't had the problem since. I was just wondering if there was something else! Thanks!!

Wow, vari and jimmy, something you both can agree on!!:p

jimmy

Drunkard
Yeah, missi, I was just as surprised as you!!

Seriously, I'd be willing to bet that people on this board that tend to fight a lot probably have more in common than either side would guess...but who knows?

C

crispo

kazaa spyware

i haven't switched from kazaa yet but you may be interested in this article http://www.wired.com/news/mp3/0,1285,51916,00.html which is discussing kazaa lite, a freeware hack with no spyware... i haven't tried it yet, because i haven't read enough about it... but thought some of you may be interested

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
What most of us have in common is that we don't take it too seriously - we rave at each other, but it's nothing personal. If I had a nickel for each time Ken King and I have locked horns I'd buy...something really expensive. But in the dirt world I consider Ken a pal and I genuinely like him.

Missi, tell him I'm not an ogre in real life!

H

Heretic

www.audiogalaxy.com

You have to install their little program but it doesnt always have to be on. You just start it when you want to download stuff. I have found nearly everything that I wanted so far and I look for some really obscure stuff.

So far its the only thing that compares to Napster that I have tried so far.

DarbyOhara

Musician
Originally posted by missi1013
Where can I download music off the internet? I was using Morpheus, but we had big problems with them!!! Can anyone help?:confused:

Well, within the legal realms of the law, you are suppose to purchase digital music... Coming on a public BB and announcing how to STEAL isn't going to come over too well for this system.

Now, taking my legal hat off... try the News Groups.....
if you have an ISP, you have NG's... Bought all I cans says bout that..... You really should be careful what you all post... you never know who is watching and logging.... Don't think for a minute that the Big Brother won't come after lil ole us......

C

crispo

no one ever complained about copying one of your buddies tapes back in the day when we all listened to cassettes, it's no different... just that you have more "buddies" to trade with... :) i say burn it up...

G

giggles04

Use Kazaa!:) I just love it! I can get everything and anything I want on there. Its great!!!

DarbyOhara

Musician
Originally posted by crispo
no one ever complained about copying one of your buddies tapes back in the day when we all listened to cassettes, it's no different... just that you have more "buddies" to trade with... :) i say burn it up...

Well, I think all us older folks fall in that category... of course we made backups of tapes and cd's... I am not arguing right or wrong.. I am saying that since this is a BIG issue in the music world, one should be careful what they say, ask or do on a public BB. THEY (the music industry) has legal right to state this is stealing. Besides, I just told her the best (within legal terms) source to get it from... read my reply again....

When I was growin up.. it was easy to borrow an album from a friend to make a copy. But if you wanted the real thing, we bought it. What the music industry is trying to do is change the concept that kids growin up today, think that all the music is free and since it is free to get had... they won't buy the cd's or cassette anymore. Big Brother watches everywhere... we are just nicnames on here... eough said...

missi1013

Catch Me If You Can!
That's fine, let Big Brother come and get me! I have nothing worth sueing for anyway. I think that's stupid that groups are making a big deal over this! Like they don't make enough money anyways! If CD's didn't cost so much, maybe I would buy it. But I don't like to buy CD's, because I only want one song off it.

I tried Kazaa and every song I downloaded was butchered...made clicking sounds and were skipping. I use Audiogalaxy now and have no complaints.

DarbyOhara

Musician
Originally posted by grizmonkey
I tried Kazaa and every song I downloaded was butchered...made clicking sounds and were skipping. I use Audiogalaxy now and have no complaints.

ROTF! Or searching for a song like... "World I Know" by Collective Soul.... find a few hundred prospects... many with the same name and fast connection... then, take the time to download it and pull it up in WinAmp... and it's frackin some RAP song... talking about dead bodies, or something...

Once again, the BEST and safest source are the NG's......

DarbyOhara

Musician
Originally posted by giggles04
Hey Darby,

I've been trying to keep this to myself.... but I'm not anymore? It seems like you've got a major problem with the whole concept of downloading music. Yes, I know all of the legal mumbo jumbo about the whole thing. I was one of the thousands of people that were kicked off of Napster (which is the reason the whole debate in the music industry started). One of my favorite bands, Metallica, decided that they were going to go after the online music realm and blame that for their records not selling.

Well, I don't know who I am talking too except a username... so I don't have explain anything which doesn't deserve an explanation... but I will explain somethings since you have so many fallacies in your last post and you don't know all the "legal mumbo jumbo" about the whole thing, or you wouldn't be argueing here about this.....

First, as I stated a few times (since you didn't take the time to read it), I'll state it again... I already gave missi the BEST source for getting cd quality music. I won't repeat that anymore!

Second, if you were a musician (like I am) and you had your own recording studio (which I have) and you were struggling to make ends meet to just get your music sold (which I am NOT), you would support the music industry. Most of those musicians only get pennies if they make it... and just because one does buy a cd... the royalties from that are not even realized for months... if not years, sometimes. But, you can not fathom anything about that. You have been brought up in your spoiled little world of.. get it free off the net... like so many younguns have.... You claim to buy CD's. That is good. If you like an artist or certain music.. buy it and support it...

Lastly, there was once a time that music made a difference in everyone's life. There was nothing like buying the album, admiring the band that is pictured or dementifyin what the cover means.... your last sentence.. "I say that as long as its availiable... I'm doing it." Well, I truly know you believe that......

missi1013

Catch Me If You Can!
Thank you everyone and darby!!! I down load music because I like only on song on the cd and I'm not wasting $15 to go out and buy the whole thing. I believe the the Music Ind. is just like everyone else and is out to make money. Making a cd doesn't cost $15 to $20, the cost that we buy from the store!! If I was a musician I would rather have people down load my songs and have then heard, then to go out and waste there money on a cd from the store!!! You can support the band in other ways like tee-shirts and concerts!