AIG auto insurance

Anyone here have AIG? My parents just switched to them after having Nationwide since the 70's. It's saving them hundreds of dollars a year. Hubby and I would like to switch, but we want to know if anyone's ever had to file a claim with them? Are they a good insurance company?

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
Speedy70 said:
Anyone here have AIG? My parents just switched to them after having Nationwide since the 70's. It's saving them hundreds of dollars a year. Hubby and I would like to switch, but we want to know if anyone's ever had to file a claim with them? Are they a good insurance company?

My son has them and they've done well by him.

01mds10

i was with aig auto when i first got my liscense. although they dropped me after i got in one accident and one ticket.

snow_angel2000

Been a while since anyone posted here, but I wanted to share my experience. I had AIG when I was in Germany. THEY SUCK, and ended up costing me almost $3000 because what I was told about my policy, what I signed in my policy, and what they actually covered were all different things, so when I had an accident and the German and American police reports didn't agree with each other, they refused to pay for anything they were supposed to, including the rental car that my insurance agent SET UP FOR ME. Anywho, I got away from them and have been using Geico since I got back to the US in '05 and haven't had one teeny tiny problem with them, not to mention, they have discounts for almost everything lol and it's the cheapest rate I have found with anyone.

Dupontster

Would THIS face lie?
I have to agree...I have had GEICO for years and they have been great....About once a year I check prices and no one has been able to even come close to GEICO...I know different people have different circumstances but they have been right for me....

Dupontster said:
I have to agree...I have had GEICO for years and they have been great....About once a year I check prices and no one has been able to even come close to GEICO...I know different people have different circumstances but they have been right for me....

We finally went with Nationwide. They were cheaper than Geico. :yay: