Channel 10

fuzzyng

So, like, has anyone else noticed that dude with his own Cable Access show on Channel 10 who like tapes the different local events, and stuff, and they replay what he tapes on Channel 10... well, if you've never watched it, it isn't that bad, except he seems to be very interested in the ladies *L* I mean, like, he'll zoom in on them and watch them more than the event... in a way, it's a little erie... but anyway, what i was trying to get to was, like how do I get my own spot on Channel 10?? I wanna tape a show and like have it broadcast! I wanna be a supa-star!

:D

DarbyOhara

Musician
Actually, if you are bold enough... go get a digital camcorder and tape something unique... and just send it to the TV station... who knows! they may like it....

a few suggestions:

1) Make it very unique...
2) I would suggest nothing x-rated.
3) Make sure it's a good quality camcorder... and digital!
4) I'd like to see a complete hour show of the "Redneck Neighbor", like the website shown earlier... lol (be sure to get their approval... legal sheet, ya know)...
5) Don't be abnoxious... but don't be boring... :)

G

giggles04

It is probably more like if you've got the $$$$$ you can do whatever you want

DarbyOhara

Musician
Originally posted by giggles04
It is probably more like if you've got the $$$$$ you can do whatever you want

I disagree! Money doesn't buy anything and everything! Sure, it helps... but if one has the skills, abilities, knowledge, determination and the right tools... that's it! NO ONE on here has enough money to bribe a TV station. Perhaps the mentality around here is your quote... but personally, I disagree! (from experience... and years of it!)

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I don't get St. Mary's cable - who's doing the show?

I don't know how they've got it set up now but when I was there, there had to be x-amount of time devoted to public access free of charge for airtime. You do have to pay for your own production and submit your own tapes. They won't take anything risque because of their contract but that's always open to interpretation.

Call Channel 10 and ask them what the rules are - it's cool to have your own show! But a LOT of work.

Darby, one thing, though - you CAN in fact buy your way with the media - happens ALL THE TIME. And it's not really that expensive, either. Money ALWAYS talks with these people.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
And one more thing - they used to have a couple of professional-grade video cameras that they lend out (free!). If anyone wants to give it a whirl, ask them if they have a loaner you can use. Also, there are plenty of people in St. Mary's and Waldorf that have pretty slick editing studios for rent. Phocus Video is one of them.

Also ask what the rule is on selling sponsorships in your show. If it's a good enough show and you can get a couple of advertisers to offset your costs, you're in. But if you make too much money they're goin to want a cut because now you're not public access, you're a for-profit television show.

fuzzyng

*dramatic chord*

oh my... Fuzzy's got ideas... *rubs hands together* Southern Maryland will never be the same...

Actually, while speaking of the editing side of things... I've seen computer hardware at Target that is like 60 bucks, that works real nice for converting analog to digital... then you can edit the crapola out of it... i wanna get it, but i need 60 bucks :barf: *lmao*

watercolor

yeah yeah
haha! well your dreams are my dreams...whatever you want..I am standing right here...with you *smile*

Sorry had to get mushy....sorry for all those who are :barf: ing...

haha!

But I could be a good TV personality! always wanted to be....hrmmmmm....

DarbyOhara

Musician
Originally posted by fuzzyng
*dramatic chord*

oh my... Fuzzy's got ideas... *rubs hands together* Southern Maryland will never be the same...

Actually, while speaking of the editing side of things... I've seen computer hardware at Target that is like 60 bucks, that works real nice for converting analog to digital... then you can edit the crapola out of it... i wanna get it, but i need 60 bucks :barf: *lmao*

Save your money and buy REAL digital.... any half decent video program will convert... the bottom line is what it is "captured" in. If it is captured in analog... no matter what you do... it will always be analog-capture..... Also, be careful buying electronic products from Target... read their return policy... I know, I fell into this scenario.... I'll never buy from them again.. I will wait 2 or 3 days longer and buy it cheaper off the internet!

fuzzyng

So, like how bout a little help :D Like, who do I contact at Channel 10, and how? I've never seen any contact numbers or nuffin... :( am i blind?

Plus, so like I'm gonna like do some drafting work, today, anybody wanna be on TV? :p