Motorcycle Arrogance

port air

Big Grouch
I got my most recent taste of why people have a problem with motorcyclists in general this morning. It is sad that the few idiots on bikes make life hard for the rest of the riders.

While moving in slow traffic heading to the WW Bridge, an arrogant SOB on a bike went whizzing by in between cars. I had my window down and was brushed on the hand by this idiot. Good to say I will have a bruise for a week. It gives good merit to why people generalize this mode of transportation.

I hope no one tries this with me in the near future or they may get more than a piece of my hand.
:buttkick:

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
What an azz. Even in CA where that's legal, there are limits as to how much faster than the traffic you're allowed to go when splitting lanes.

port air said:
I got my most recent taste of why people have a problem with motorcyclists in general this morning. It is sad that the few idiots on bikes make life hard for the rest of the riders.

While moving in slow traffic heading to the WW Bridge, an arrogant SOB on a bike went whizzing by in between cars. I had my window down and was brushed on the hand by this idiot. Good to say I will have a bruise for a week. It gives good merit to why people generalize this mode of transportation.

I hope no one tries this with me in the near future or they may get more than a piece of my hand.
I was always told you should keep your hands in your car. Then I got the story of the guy who lost his arm to a truck.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Fear not...

port air said:

...the motorcycle Gods have a way of taking care of those who abuse the privelege too much. Sooner or later.

Car people who do one stupid thing too many are surrounded by a steel cage and are prone to learning hard lesons quite often in one piece. Stupid bikers might be surrounded by leather and a device on their head that may make their funeral open casket.

:larry:

Vince

port air said:

All it takes is one guy to open his/her car door and wham. Ruins your whole day. :shrug:

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
Vince said:
All it takes is one guy to open his/her car door and wham. Ruins your whole day. :shrug:
That will usually ruin 2 people's day. The dumbazz on the bike and the person that gets a motorcycle in their lap.

Where ya think the bike goes after it hits the door :lol:

P

PelyKat

aps45819 said:
That will usually ruin 2 people's day. The dumbazz on the bike and the person that gets a motorcycle in their lap.

Where ya think the bike goes after it hits the door :lol:

Probably would spill their coffe and everything! Damn! :killingme

bcp

In My Opinion
having been on bikes for many years before selling out, I now just give bikes as much room as I can.
I leave extra distance between me and them while driving, and stop further away from them at lights so they dont have to wonder if Im going to bump them.
even the idiots get my full attention. I dont feel like killing an idiot bike rider any more than I feel like killing the good bike rider.

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
bcp said:
having been on bikes for many years before selling out, I now just give bikes as much room as I can.
I leave extra distance between me and them while driving, and stop further away from them at lights so they dont have to wonder if Im going to bump them.
even the idiots get my full attention. I dont feel like killing an idiot bike rider any more than I feel like killing the good bike rider.
Thanks. Sometimes I stall at intersections. I haven't stalled at an intersection for a long time :knockingonwood: 1bdz is coming over on my b-day to take me for a ride on my new bike. YAAAAAAAAAY. We could maybe show up at Pete's house. Pete - Have snacks. TIA.

Last edited:

bcp

In My Opinion
BS Gal said:
Thanks. Sometimes I stall at intersections Then I put my hand in the air to let everyone know I'm stopped and I am an idiot. Most people respect that. I haven't stalled at an intersection for a long hile. :knockingonwood: 1bdz is coming over on my b-day to take me for a ride on my new bike. YAAAAAAAAAY. We could maybe show up at Pete's house. Pete - Have snacks. TIA.
stalling is not idiot.

riding 100 mph between cars that are going 20 mph is idiot.

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
bcp said:
stalling is not idiot.

riding 100 mph between cars that are going 20 mph is idiot.
Stalling makes me feel like an idiot. I think I've got it figured out now, though.

BS Gal said:
Thanks. Sometimes I stall at intersections. I haven't stalled at an intersection for a long time :knockingonwood: 1bdz is coming over on my b-day to take me for a ride on my new bike. YAAAAAAAAAY. We could maybe show up at Pete's house. Pete - Have snacks. TIA.
I put one of those cattle scoopers on the front of my suburban for folks like you...:huggy:

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
kwillia said:
I put one of those cattle scoopers on the front of my suburban for folks like you...:huggy:
Stay off 235 between California and Hollywood on Sunday. That's all I'm saying. :lmao:

Ponytail

I might be headed out for a ride on Sunday too. Roofers will be working on the house on Saturday, and I'll be hiding out in the basement with the dog, hopefully getting my bike put back together. Barring any unforeseen catostrophe with the new heads and pushrods, I'll have it out for a bit on Sunday.

Ponytail

bcp said:

I do the same thing. I've said it before...I wish they'd make it a requirement for folks getting their drivers license, to go thru riders safety course first. It opens your eyes to ALOT of stuff, that you don't usually think of when you're sitting in a cage.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
bcp said:
Got stuck at a traffic light once because some old lady thought it wise to stop at least 15 feet behind me at a light. Bike didn't trip the sensors in the road, she was to far back, a no right turn on red sign and a deputy sitting in a parking lot next to the intersection. :ohwell:
After sitting thru about 5 light sequences, folks started blowing their horns and granny finally moved up enough to trip the sensors.