Chicken nest boxes?

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
Does the hen yard carry them? I want a 10 hole box, preferably one the eggs roll out towards the front. Any suggetions?

Cowgirl

I would build one...it's pretty easy. :shrug: I don't remember ever seeing them at Stauffer's....try going to Southern States...they probably won't have it in stock, but you can look in their huge catalog and order something.

D

dems4me

Cowgirl said:
I would build one...it's pretty easy. :shrug: I don't remember ever seeing them at Stauffer's....try going to Southern States...they probably won't have it in stock, but you can look in their huge catalog and order something.

:yeahthat: Building your own is a good way to go.

Here's an eggcellent website for chickens. I've ordered many things from here and have always been happy. Here's their rear rollout nests...
http://www.mcmurrayhatchery.com/category/egg_accessories_nests.html

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
Actually I saw one listed on ebay the other day...huge on in PA for like $10 pick up only...good luck

ps reminds me I have egg cartons for you...mine quit laying..they are over 10 yrs old...still buying eggs weekly.. :lmao:

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
mingiz said:
Hey Paso Want 4 chicks? They have to go...

No I have 5 and they are all over 10 yrs..when they :dead: I dont want more they :gossip: all over the barn and it is nasty..I'm kinda glad the pigeons all took off...

mingiz

Horse Poor
:lmao: chickens? a few months old? The rooster is a RI Red I think and the hen has puffy checks. Not sure of breed. If ya want them I can give them to ya after the 20th because there going to use for our nursing home visit. After that I will get in touch with ya if still interested.