Abdominal/Pelvic CT Scan Prep Question

Angel

~*~*~
I'm having an Abdominal and Pelvic CT Scan on Friday, so tomorrow I get the pleasure of prepping for it and they say I can only have a liquid diet. Does this liquid diet include Coffee? Does anybody know? I can live without solids, but I will die without my coffee... :bawl:

R

remaxrealtor

Angel said:
I'm having an Abdominal and Pelvic CT Scan on Friday, so tomorrow I get the pleasure of prepping for it and they say I can only have a liquid diet. Does this liquid diet include Coffee? Does anybody know? I can live without solids, but I will die without my coffee... :bawl:
Sorry, i can't help, but I can sympathize...I'm having one in a month. I'll say a little prayer for good results! :huggy:

Carla2786

Carla2786
Hope this helps:

How do I prepare for this exam?
Do not eat solid food for three hours prior to the exam. You may drink clear liquids during this time.
Routine medications may also be taken.
Abdominal/Pelvic Scan: We will schedule you to arrive one hour before your scan so that you will have time to prepare for the study. During this hour, you will be drinking oral contrast (dilute barium). Contrast is a liquid that improves the visibility of structures within the body.

Clear Liquids= NO COFFEE :O(

Angel

~*~*~
Carla2786 said:
Hope this helps:

Do not eat solid food for three hours prior to the exam. You may drink clear liquids during this time.
Abdominal/Pelvic Scan: We will schedule you to arrive one hour before your scan so that you will have time to prepare for the study. During this hour, you will be drinking oral contrast (dilute barium). Contrast is a liquid that improves the visibility of structures within the body.

:bawl:

Angel

~*~*~
remaxrealtor said:
Sorry, i can't help, but I can sympathize...I'm having one in a month. I'll say a little prayer for good results! :huggy:
Thanks. :huggy: I'll say a prayer for you as well. I'm not worried about the test and not so worried about the out come because there isn't crap I can do about it, but I'm devastated about not having my coffee!!! I can give up anything, but that!!! :tantrum:

punjabigyrl

I'd say coffe would come in the all liquids. Technically when they say liquids it means healthy stuff like clear broths caffine free sodas etc. but in the event that you can go without coffee...then y all means endulge in 1 cup. Goodluck.

Old Dog

I've had 2 of these. The directions Carla gave are the ones I had to follow as well. Plus they gave me about 2 quarts of that nasty contrast stuff that I had to drink in the couple of hours preceding the scan. And then they gave me an extra cup just before doing scan - just to top me up I guess.

Anyway... the point being, I didn't have to do Any prep the day before... only in the hours just preceding the scan.

Angel

~*~*~
Old Dog said:
I've had 2 of these. The directions Carla gave are the ones I had to follow as well. Plus they gave me about 2 quarts of that nasty contrast stuff that I had to drink in the couple of hours preceding the scan. And then they gave me an extra cup just before doing scan - just to top me up I guess.

Anyway... the point being, I didn't have to do Any prep the day before... only in the hours just preceding the scan.
OH yes, I have a bottle of that lovely barium crap in the cupboard that they gave me and say I have to drink tomorrow night at 8 pm... :twitch: I've never tasted it, but everybody tells me how lovely it is... :barf:

bcp

In My Opinion
You are not supposed to drink coffee.

I just had a CT scan done like a month ago, then two weeks ago I had an MRI done, both of the abdominal area.

both times I had coffee in the morning,, as a matter of fact, I was drinking it on the drive over to the place.

After the surgery to find out why my insides were all cancer ridden ( actually stained by the coffee,,,)

just kidding.

I had a cup in the morning before each and nothing was said about it.

thats my experience, I can not speak for what is going on with your situation. But in mine, I cheated and the results still came out fine. Well, fine as far as not being ruined by the coffee.

Angel

~*~*~
bcp said:
You are not supposed to drink coffee.

I just had a CT scan done like a month ago, then two weeks ago I had an MRI done, both of the abdominal area.

both times I had coffee in the morning,, as a matter of fact, I was drinking it on the drive over to the place.

After the surgery to find out why my insides were all cancer ridden ( actually stained by the coffee,,,)

just kidding.

I had a cup in the morning before each and nothing was said about it.

thats my experience, I can not speak for what is going on with your situation. But in mine, I cheated and the results still came out fine. Well, fine as far as not being ruined by the coffee.
:lmao: Then I'm sure a little cup o' joe will not hurt anything and I'm having it too damnit.

jetmonkey

Carla2786 said:
Hope this helps:

:barf:

jetmonkey

I chugged a bottle of that #### the night before, then I get there in the morning and they give me two more and the one chick is like, 'wtf are you guys giving hime that for?' Turns out I didn't have to drink it. I was like, is Wayne Brady gonna have to choke a #####?

Angel

~*~*~
Well these past two days have been interesting to say the least. I was good and stayed away from the coffee and solid foods yesterday and I had to do the same this morning as well (couldn't eat or drink after midnight last night until after the test). All my poor dear co-workers probably hate my ##### ass now and dare I mention that I've never seen the bathroom so many times in two days in all my life :jameo: (for those who've never been through this, the process involves a prep day of laxatives and barium coctails :barf:). I should be at least 10 pounds lighter right now :lmao:! I'm so glad it's over! :cheers: *i missed you beer*

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
Angel said:
Well these past two days have been interesting to say the least. I was good and stayed away from the coffee and solid foods yesterday and I had to do the same this morning as well (couldn't eat or drink after midnight last night until after the test). All my poor dear co-workers probably hate my ##### ass now and dare I mention that I've never seen the bathroom so many times in two days in all my life :jameo: (for those who've never been through this, the process involves a prep day of laxatives and barium coctails :barf:). I should be at least 10 pounds lighter right now :lmao:! I'm so glad it's over! :cheers: *i missed you beer*
Enjoy that first cup of coffee tomorrow and I hope your tests turn out well.

J

jaybeeztoo

Angel said:

Glad it's over Angel.

That beer missed you too :cheers:

bcp

In My Opinion
Angel said:
well, at least for the moment nobody can say that you are full of sheet.....