What NASCAR Drivers/Commentators do in the Offseason...

nachomama

All Up In Your Grill
Nanny Pam said:
:lmao: The mental image is priceless!

I know! I heard it on the radio today and they were describing him wearing this big old costume and kids came running out from underneath of it. I thought I was going to spit coffee all over my lap!

Could you imagine Jimmy Spencer doing this role? :yikes:

MMDad

Lem Putt
nachomama said:
I know! I heard it on the radio today and they were describing him wearing this big old costume and kids came running out from underneath of it. I thought I was going to spit coffee all over my lap!

Could you imagine Jimmy Spencer doing this role? :yikes:

I bet Michael Waltrip is so jealous. "But I'm the one who always wanted to be a Ballerina!"

nachomama

All Up In Your Grill
MMDad said:
I bet Michael Waltrip is so jealous. "But I'm the one who always wanted to be a Ballerina!"

Funny you mentioned that! I heard it on DC101 this morning and Elliott said the same thing, almost word for word. He said something like "I would have pictured seeing Michael in a tutu before DW, I bet he's somekinda jealous..." :roflmao:

MMDad

Lem Putt
nachomama said:
Funny you mentioned that! I heard it on DC101 this morning and Elliott said the same thing, almost word for word. He said something like "I would have pictured seeing Michael in a tutu before DW, I bet he's somekinda jealous..." :roflmao:
Almost like I was listening at the same time.... :whistle:

AndyMarquisLIVE

Alot of the NASCAR commentators do other sports: NFL, AFL.

Bill Weber, Chris Myers, Allen Bestwick, Marty Snider, Wally Dallenbach, Mike Joy, Lindsay Czarniak all do other sports events during NASCAR off season.

All that said though, BRING BACK WINTER HEAT :ranting:

AndyMarquisLIVE

Anybody remember when Jaws (DW) challenged all the people in the crowd that were booing him to a fight in the parking lot after the race. :killingme

Commentating's perfect for DW!!!

nachomama

All Up In Your Grill
AndyMarquisLIVE said:
Alot of the NASCAR commentators do other sports: NFL, AFL.
But I said NASCAR drivers/commentators. That narrows it down a ilttle more. DW still does both (racing & driving).

AndyMarquisLIVE said:
Bill Weber, Chris Myers, Allen Bestwick, Marty Snider, Wally Dallenbach, Mike Joy, Lindsay Czarniak all do other sports events during NASCAR off season.

True, but of all of those sportcasters, I believe Wally is the only one who actively races. You can correct me if I'm wrong.

AndyMarquisLIVE said:
All that said though, BRING BACK WINTER HEAT :ranting:

I am TOTALLY hearing you on that. I already miss racing. :bawl:

Claff

I don't know if he still does it these days but Mike Joy was a pretty active racer in the local SCCA regionals in New England not that long ago. I struck up a conversation with him waaaaay back in '89? '90? at Lime Rock Park not even really knowing who he was. He had a Spec Racer painted up like Alan Kulwicki's Zerex T-bird, even numbered 7 and I was wearing a T-shirt with the same car on it. We talked for a while, I mentioned I remember him racing a Bugeye Sprite before that.... we got around to talking Brit cars and how I had an MGB that wasn't running right and I was getting frustrated with the carburetors. He gave me his business card and asked me to call and make him a ridiculous offer to take a spare Weber carb off his hands. Never did.

We run into each other every once in a while, at race tracks and banquets, but I never remind him about that offer. Not only will he probably never remember making it, but I got that MG running pretty good without needing his parts.

But I digress.