Nose bleed

J

julz20684

This morning I woke up with a nose bleed. That has never happened before :confused: Don't think it's dry air, my bedroom is in the basement and I always have to run a dehumidifier for the moisture.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
cattitude said:
It's okay, they are very common during pregnancy.

:lmao:

I've never had one but I know high blood pressure and sinus infections are two main causes. They can be symptomatic of a more serious problem, so I would suggest going to your doctor to check it out.

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
onebdzee said:
bet that's why she woke up with a nose bleed this morning isn't it?
Personally, I can't believe he is making her sleep in the basement until the wedding. That's where he used to keep the :gossip:... :shocking:

mizteresa1965

julz20684 said:
This morning I woke up with a nose bleed. That has never happened before :confused: Don't think it's dry air, my bedroom is in the basement and I always have to run a dehumidifier for the moisture.

If you are running a dehumidifier, it's pulling the moist OUT of the room causing the air to be dry.

Nosebleed Precautions

*Avoid blowing of the nose or putting anything into it. If one feels like sneezing, keep the mouth opened so that the air will escape out the mouth and not through the nose.
*Do not strain during bowel movements.
*Try to keep the head higher than the level of the heart.
*Do not strain or bend down to lift anything heavy.
*Do not smoke.
*Stay on a soft cool diet. No hot liquids for at least 24 hours. Do not take any medications which will "thin the blood" like aspirin.
*Keep the lining of the nose moist: Gently apply a light coating of petroleum jelly (brand name: Vaseline) inside the nose with a cotton swab twice a day.
*Counteract the drying effects of indoor heated air by using a humidifier at night in the bedroom.
*Avoid picking the nose.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
kwillia said:
Nosebleed Precautions

*Avoid blowing of the nose or putting anything into it.

*Keep the lining of the nose moist: Gently apply a light coating of petroleum jelly (brand name: Vaseline) inside the nose with a cotton swab twice a day.
:confused:

J

julz20684

mizteresa1965 said:
If you are running a dehumidifier, it's pulling the moist OUT of the room causing the air to be dry.

I know but it's not noticeably dry. I lived in very dry houses before and do not feel the "dry" in the air like I did in those homes. Plus even in the dry air homes I never had nose bleeds.

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
julz20684 said:
Stop snorting cocaine, problem solved. :lmao:

J

julz20684

kwillia said:
Nosebleed Precautions

*Avoid blowing of the nose or putting anything into it. If one feels like sneezing, keep the mouth opened so that the air will escape out the mouth and not through the nose.
*Do not strain during bowel movements.
*Try to keep the head higher than the level of the heart.
*Do not strain or bend down to lift anything heavy.
*Do not smoke.
*Stay on a soft cool diet. No hot liquids for at least 24 hours. Do not take any medications which will "thin the blood" like aspirin.
*Counteract the drying effects of indoor heated air by using a humidifier at night in the bedroom.
*Avoid picking the nose.

:huggy: I knew I could count on you for help