Vincenzo's

SamSpade

Went there for the first time last night. Excellent food. Nice atmosphere. Not particularly spacious - and not cheap. Once our waitress overcame her initial surliness she was quite acceptable and even comped a few things because she'd made a mistake or two. My wife thought the crab balls they had were possibly the best she'd ever had.

It's way down Dowell Road across the harbor from Solomon's. I know that over the years it's been a number of things - now, it's a fairly nice Italian restaurant.

donbarzini

Sam, your review was right on time. My wife is supposed to go there for her employer's Christmas party this Fri. Drove there over the weekend to scout the directions. Is the front the only parking available? Thanks!

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
We went there recently for a family birthday dinner, and it was EXPENSIVE as heck, and the food only so-so. Nice view, though.

Seriously, there were 9 of us, and I think the bill exceeded $385, and it didn't include any alcoholic beverages other than five domestic beers, and just two appetizer plates that we all split.

What was surprising is that we were the only people in the entire restaurant. Not a single other diner was there. They must have had to pay their electric bill with the profits of our one table. :lol:

lushlips44

If the shoe fits....
SamSpade said:
Went there for the first time last night. Excellent food. Nice atmosphere. Not particularly spacious - and not cheap. Once our waitress overcame her initial surliness she was quite acceptable and even comped a few things because she'd made a mistake or two. My wife thought the crab balls they had were possibly the best she'd ever had.

It's way down Dowell Road across the harbor from Solomon's. I know that over the years it's been a number of things - now, it's a fairly nice Italian restaurant.

We went to dinner there this summer by boat and great! The food was excellent! We called ahead to see if it was ok if we were wearing jeans and all since we had been out on boats all day and they were complimentary to it. I think it was because they didn't have anyone in the restaurant. But the funny thing was that once we showed up about 20 minutes later the place was packed. There was 13 of us.

I think it is a great place for a romantic dinner. And yes, the food is a bit pricey, but it was worth it for us. And the view is beautiful as well.

warneckutz

SamSpade said:

:yay:

I agree, I was there a year ago for a Christmas party and my employer just hosted this year's party there this past Friday. Very nice setup.

stevesmom

I Went to Vincenzo's recently

I think these posts are outdated, the place has since gotten their act together, the menu is much better and more affordable. They have half sizes and great specials. I was reluctant when invited to go back, actually I had a great time.