Crabbing

T

Tom Roche

Company coming into town wknd of 6/14 and they would like to go crabbing. I havent gone since I was a boy. I heard of one place you can pay to go on pier on the St. Mary's side of solomons bridge. Seven Gables. Other than that is there any other places to net. I also heard there may be new regulation against crabbing this year, and if anyone can shed light on that would be very helpful.:yum:

Y

yornoc

Some friends of mine went somewhere close to St. Mary's College but I don't know exactly where.

I'm sure someone else will give you better advice.

Good Luck!

Jameo

What?!
Seven Gables! Man I haven't heard it being called that in a LONG time! Yes you can go off the pier at Neptunes or right off either either side of the road, using chicken necks & line. You may have pretty good luck, crabs have been running half way decent lately.

Good luck!!:)

tipsy mcgee

Always thirsty
When you're on that DNR website page, look for the list of public landings and state parks. Any place with a public fishing pier can be crabbed off of also. I heard the guy on the fishing report say someone had good luck down off the small bridge near Cornfield Harbor w/ chicken necks. He said they caught 3/4 of a bushel. Stop in Rick's and he can tell you exactly where. I know there's public piers at Chaptico Wharf, Bushwood and Colton's Point, too.