gym memberships

BottleBlonde

Hey all, I was just thinking about joining a local gym, and I was hoping I could get a little insight to which would be the better of the 3 (maximum, world gym in leonardtown, or profitness), and what the cost of memberships were...

Any insight would be very appreciated. Thanks!

mainman

Set Trippin
BottleBlonde said:
Hey all, I was just thinking about joining a local gym, and I was hoping I could get a little insight to which would be the better of the 3 (maximum, world gym in leonardtown, or profitness), and what the cost of memberships were...

Post your photo so we can make an informed decision.... TIA :yay:

Joebagel

Didn't World Gym buy Profitness? I am a member of Maximum and love it, bright and clean and very spread out. Also you get a good price break if you work on the base. But if Profitness is going to re-do and buy new equipment then that might be the better choice.

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
BottleBlonde said:

World is the most expensive ($50/month). Max and Pro are pretty much the same. Think to yourself which would be more convenient for you. Pro offers two locations.

joeykcp

I haven't been to the other gyms so I don't know
but I went to Profitness in St. Mary square
it's pretty nice and bright
you can see everybody (which is a good thing 'cuz it motivates you to work out)
but I don't like their machines there, especially the abs machine, it's old and the up/down movement is not smooth
good to hear that they're getting new equipments, right???

G

Gemmi

joeykcp said:
I haven't been to the other gyms so I don't know
but I went to Profitness in St. Mary square
it's pretty nice and bright
you can see everybody (which is a good thing 'cuz it motivates you to work out)
but I don't like their machines there, especially the abs machine, it's old and the up/down movement is not smooth
good to hear that they're getting new equipments, right???

Yep..They have already started on their remodeling. No new equipment yet but it looks like they are getting ready to repaint. I have been a member for 2 years and like it.

warneckutz

Pro Fitness

:yay:

A membership to Pro Fitness allows you access to both the location in Wildewood and the St. Mary's Square location. Additionally, you have access to World Gym in Prince Frederick.

Memberships generally start around $44.95/mo for the first person in a 1-year deal.

As far as the equipment goes, I know it's in the works, just waiting to see what the latest the industry has to offer.

We've had small changes here and there, but there are plenty on the way.

mainman

Set Trippin
warneckutz said:

A membership to Pro Fitness allows you access to both the location in Wildewood and the St. Mary's Square location. Additionally, you have access to World Gym in Prince Frederick.

Memberships generally start around $44.95/mo for the first person in a 1-year deal.

As far as the equipment goes, I know it's in the works, just waiting to see what the latest the industry has to offer.

Changing the hideous blue is a good start.... :lmao:

mdgirlie

BottleBlonde said:

Been a member of Maximum Fitness for almost two years and wouldn't dream of switching or cancelling membership. I used to work out at ProFitness, which is also a nice gym, but it was always too over-crowded for me. The staff at Max Fitness is super friendly. I wouldn't know the cost of getting membership right now since I've been a member since it opened, but I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be too expensive. It is very clean, has plenty of open space and nice & new equipment. The locker rooms are very clean and are equipped with a sauna, nice lockers, and showers. They have fun, different, and challenging classes. Their massage therapist is awesome and they have physical trainers that know what they're doing and can answer your questions. One of the personal trainers even trains a Redskins cheerleader. If you have children, they have a great child care facility and even has a child exercise class on Saturday mornings. Stop by and check it out for yourself!

C

chess

warneckutz said:

I would hit up pro fitness, i got it as a gift for x-mas and use it every other day, it is handy for people that may work in the park but live near wildewood or hollywood... The place is empty on saturday mornings and sunday mornings, so thats just a Heads up....

alex

I go to World Gym in Leon because it is close to home and work. It only costs me about $37/mo and additional family members are $34. When did it go up to $50? I just renewed and really like it. The people are nice and like any gym there are times when it is crowded and times when it is not. I like it because there is a definite mix of people - old, young, skinny and no skinny vs. other gyms where the majority are skinny and young which can be intimidating.

Chrystee

mdgirlie said:
Been a member of Maximum Fitness for almost two years and wouldn't dream of switching or cancelling membership. I used to work out at ProFitness, which is also a nice gym, but it was always too over-crowded for me. The staff at Max Fitness is super friendly. I wouldn't know the cost of getting membership right now since I've been a member since it opened, but I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be too expensive. It is very clean, has plenty of open space and nice & new equipment. The locker rooms are very clean and are equipped with a sauna, nice lockers, and showers. They have fun, different, and challenging classes. Their massage therapist is awesome and they have physical trainers that know what they're doing and can answer your questions. One of the personal trainers even trains a Redskins cheerleader. If you have children, they have a great child care facility and even has a child exercise class on Saturday mornings. Stop by and check it out for yourself!

My only beef is that the machines are not being cleaned correctly. I feel like I need to take my own towels and sanitizers.. At the beginning I saw staff routinely cleaning equipment and a cleaning service coming in. Haven't seen that for months. Also, watch your account, because not only have I been mis-charged, I think everyone I know has had a small issue with being overcharged/mischarged.. We did get money back, but its an issue to watch for.

I do wish they had longer hours on the weekends also. But it seems all the gyms' hours are pretty much the same.

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
Chrystee said:
My only beef is that the machines are not being cleaned correctly. I feel like I need to take my own towels and sanitizers..
What are you smoking? Everyone is supposed to clean their machine after each use. If you're worried about cooties, clean it yourself. :shrug:

Chrystee said:
Also, watch your account, because not only have I been mis-charged, I think everyone I know has had a small issue with being overcharged/mischarged..
I've been a member for 1.5 years and I've never had this happen. :coffee:

Chrystee

Chasey_Lane said:
What are you smoking? Everyone is supposed to clean their machine after each use. If you're worried about cooties, clean it yourself. :shrug:

I've been a member for 1.5 years and I've never had this happen. :coffee:

But people do not clean after themselves. When they first opened, the staff would start wiping down all the machines around 930/945. They don't do this anymore..

The overcharging has happened to me, my Mother, my sister, and a couple friends.

Like I said thats my only beef. I didn't say they sucked or anything. I still prefer it to profitness and their old ass machines and crowded lines. (Plus if we get too many people, it will become crowded!!).