2nd badest American Car to Race the Silverstate Classic

R

RadioPatrol

Yeah AMC was Def the step child of the big three ..... but honestly they built some fast stuff as well ...

flomaster

J.F. A sus ordenes!
RadioPatrol said:
Yeah AMC was Def the step child of the big three ..... but honestly they built some fast stuff as well ...

Yeah I think they ran some big motors for but for the life of me can't think of what they ran in them. Always been a chevy guy myself.

S

StrwberryKisses

flomaster said:
Yeah I think they ran some big motors for but for the life of me can't think of what they ran in them. Always been a chevy guy myself.

I agree chevy has always been the cars for me. But that is a very hot AMC. I want a classic car that i can play with.

R

RadioPatrol

Javilin and AMX Javilin < Which was a 2 door pony car version of the full size Javilin>

there was The Rebel Machine w/ 390 - lol Red, White and Blue Hood Scope

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AMC_Rebel
http://www.geocities.com/rebel70blue/Drivers.html
from wiki:

Collectability

As numbers dwindle and prices for popular collector cars continue to rise, more collectors are turning to AMC vehicles. The "collector" models (Javelin, AMX, and performance versions such as the 1957 Rambler Rebel, 1965-67 Rambler Marlin, 1969 Hurst SC/Rambler, 1970 Rebel Machine, and 1971 Hornet SC/360) have always had a small but enthusiastic following, and their prices are rising with the increasing interest. Many AMC models are now considered "future collectibles" and often appear on bargain lists in American collector car magazines.

There was even a Hurst Jeepster in 1970 - 100 or 1000 made .... 255 buick V-6 TH400 Hurst Console Shifter White with Red and Blue Striping .........

the biggest motor you could get was a 401 which is very rare these days, although indy engines ? makes an all aluminum 401 for $ 5000 - Ouch .....

flomaster

J.F. A sus ordenes!
I was just a kid when these cars were on the streets. I liked the javelin and remember they used to have a hot rod hornet that if I remember was an AMC car. Its insane these days. I got my car just in time. No telling how much I would have to pay for my car today if I tried to buy it.

R

RadioPatrol

Chevy is probably still the cheapest parts cost .....

StrwberryKisses said:
I agree chevy has always been the cars for me. But that is a very hot AMC. I want a classic car that i can play with.

:wench:

but as long as it goes fast and wasn't a ricer, i dont care what name is on the fender ... ie

426 Hemi, 427 Thunderbird, 428 SC Jet / Boss 429 Mustang, 455 Buick, Poncho, Olds - 454 Chevy ( owned a 74' 454 Pickup, man was that thing fast )

:yay:

flomaster

J.F. A sus ordenes!
I had a few ricers, 2 RX-7's and a Datsun 510. The 510 had a z-car motor in and hauled the mail in a quick way. I have surfed for another one but most are on the west coast and are selling for more than I want to spend.

R

RadioPatrol

69 camaro

flomaster said:
I was just a kid when these cars were on the streets. I liked the javelin and remember they used to have a hot rod hornet that if I remember was an AMC car. Its insane these days. I got my car just in time. No telling how much I would have to pay for my car today if I tried to buy it.

if you watch Muscle Car TV - Sun's on Spike - they built a complete crate Camro Convert - supposedly you can do them cheaply enough to get one out the door for the price of a org. resto

Year One has the body .........

flomaster

J.F. A sus ordenes!
RadioPatrol said:
if you watch Muscle Car TV - Sun's on Spike - they built a complete crate Camro Convert - supposedly you can do them cheaply enough to get one out the door for the price of a org. resto

Year One has the body .........

I am very familiar with the crate body. Hear nothing but good things. The company, Dynacorn, produces them. Heard you have to check with state regulation to ensure you can even register one. I guess its billed as a kit.

55Chevy

flomaster said:
You gotta have sack to drive such an ugly car but he gets mega points for being different. :yay:
still ugly, sack or not

R

RadioPatrol

flomaster said:
I had a few ricers, 2 RX-7's and a Datsun 510. The 510 had a z-car motor in and hauled the mail in a quick way. I have surfed for another one but most are on the west coast and are selling for more than I want to spend.

I knew this guy in the early 90's that had bought this used 280Z - I6 multi Carb's something from the early 80's ? faded blue paint, he put this new wheels and tires on the thing - just made it odd ... plans to fix it up ... etc

it was interesting riding in something with a nose that long sitting so far back .... we got it up to about 110 or RT 210 one night light .......

when i was working a Pizza Hut Delivery store job, in annandale, Va one of the drivers had an older RX-7 - i took it out and thrashed it between lights it was kinda cool, in a different way ........

and another guy I knew was an account had a new one in the mid 90's after the body style change, had a targa? roof - center pulled out - a bunch of us were out near Annapolis on sat night after some drinking, closed the place down, we chatting in the parking lot about 3 am, I said Chip let me take your RX for a spin, the fool tosses me the keys and away I go, I went out on RT 50 red lining the Tach - thats what it is their for right ? - between 2 exits - going way faster than the posted limit, having too much fun - :whistle: Thanks to God i survived such stupidity ......... :jameo:

So I have had fun in Jap Sports cars - i just prefer the Grunt ie torque to a Big Block Anything ..... :razz:

Last edited by a moderator: