fossil hunting

S

somdebay

Anyone else here collect fossils in St. Mary's and Calvert Counties?

Pete

Repete
It is not a hobby but I took Boy to Flag Ponds over in Calvert looking for fossils for a school project. Cool place, the Ranger hooked him up with a bag of stuff for his project.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Took the nephews to Calvert Cliffs a couple years ago.

They found a few small ones from crocs, no sharks teeth (which was what they wanted most)... mostly broken shells.

The oldest one, about a year and a half ago, was in the company of another kid in his neighborhood and they found a few bones in a bank on the Patuxent. Turned out, after reporting it and having someone come out to examine it, it was a fossilized skeleton of a whale.

Hessian

Quite a collection

I have been collecting for about 22 years and have sorted them out a bit.
Decided that they really should be displayed instead of sitting in jars and pill bottles. That is what made me price...and then buy a whole lot of display cases.
PM me if you are interested in Ryker style display cases, I have plenty of sizes for sale.

Rykers are also very useful for medals, jewelry, artifacts, political pins, etc.

Keep hunting for those teeth,...hit the beaches after a good storm, your chances of a good find are better.

Dead Eye

T.P.F.er
Go to St. Georges Island in Piney Point. On the lowest tide of the day walk out near the water line and check each little water filled hole on the mud flats for shark teeth and arrow heads.