Oatmeal Scotchies

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
All of them. :yum:

But my favorite are fresh out of the oven, homemade chocolate chip. :yum:

J

jaybeeztoo

I'm not much of a sweets eater, but I am a sucker for Oatmeal Raisin and Chocolate Macodamea (sp?) :drool:

PJay

vraiblonde said:
:yum:

What's your favorite cookie?

Till now, never heard of them

That's a tough question...

I was watching Food TV the other day and a lady was mixing a batch of these:

White Chocolate Cherry Chunkies
Recipe courtesy Paula Deen
See this recipe on air Monday Jan. 08 at 1:00 PM ET/PT.
Show: Paula's Home Cooking
Episode: Holiday Show
1 stick butter, softened
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons milk
1 cup chopped macadamia nuts
1/2 cup candied cherries
1 1/2 cups white chocolate chunks

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.

In a medium bowl, with electric mixer, cream butter and sugars together until light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla and beat until just combined. Set aside.

Sift together flour, soda, and salt. Add milk to the butter mixture and then add the flour mixture. Mix until just combined. Batter should be stiff.

In another bowl, combine nuts, cherries, and white chocolate. Then add to batter, stirring only to blend. Drop by heaping tablespoons onto a greased cookie sheet, 2 inches apart. Bake for approximately 11 to 13 minutes. Cool on wire rack.

I really like white chocolate, so will give these a try soon....

snuzzy

Homesick said:
Till now, never heard of them

That's a tough question...

I was watching Food TV the other day and a lady was mixing a batch of these:

White Chocolate Cherry Chunkies
Recipe courtesy Paula Deen
See this recipe on air Monday Jan. 08 at 1:00 PM ET/PT.
Show: Paula's Home Cooking
Episode: Holiday Show
1 stick butter, softened
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons milk
1 cup chopped macadamia nuts
1/2 cup candied cherries
1 1/2 cups white chocolate chunks

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.

In a medium bowl, with electric mixer, cream butter and sugars together until light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla and beat until just combined. Set aside.

Sift together flour, soda, and salt. Add milk to the butter mixture and then add the flour mixture. Mix until just combined. Batter should be stiff.

In another bowl, combine nuts, cherries, and white chocolate. Then add to batter, stirring only to blend. Drop by heaping tablespoons onto a greased cookie sheet, 2 inches apart. Bake for approximately 11 to 13 minutes. Cool on wire rack.

I really like white chocolate, so will give these a try soon....

I wanted to try these for my Christmas Cookie Trays that we give as gifts, but I could not find...regular macademia nuts (only chocolate covered), white chocolate that could be "chunked" or the candies cherries :jameo:

I love Snicker Doodles, they were the first cookie I ever learned to bake. I also love sugar or gingerbread cookies because I still use the cookie cutters my grandmother used with me as a child. :cheesy:

S

StrwberryKisses

Chocolate covered peanut butter balls

OR

Pumpkin Cookies with Cream Cheese frosting

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Pete said:
Is that a real cookie or do I need to look "oatmeal scotchie" in the urban dictionary?
O.M.G.

They're oatmeal cookies with butterscotch chips. You should have come over this afternoon.

I want one of those long type dressers... you know... the one's that people sometimes hook a mirror to... but I don't want the mirror... just the long dresser. I'll bake you more cookies if you give me one.

Angel

~*~*~
StrwberryKisses said:
Chocolate covered peanut butter balls

OR

Pumpkin Cookies with Cream Cheese frosting
:yum: Never heard of em, but they sound good enough to be my new favorite cookie.

Angel said:
:yum: Never heard of em, but they sound good enough to be my new favorite cookie.
Did you see the recipe in "In the kitchen" for crockpot pumpkin pie pudding? I think you should make it and tell me how it turned out.

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
kwillia said:
I want one of those long type dressers... you know... the one's that people sometimes hook a mirror to... but I don't want the mirror... just the long dresser. I'll bake you more cookies if you give me one.
An armoire? :eyebrow:

S

StrwberryKisses

Angel said:

They are amazing. I will have to get the recipe from my mother and send it. You can eat them for breakfast.

Angel

~*~*~
kwillia said:
Did you see the recipe in "In the kitchen" for crockpot pumpkin pie pudding? I think you should make it and tell me how it turned out.
Just checked out the recipe and I might have to give it a try. :yum:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
kwillia said:
What kind of cookies?