live fish for stocking pond

Taz

Does anyone know where in the area to find live fish for stocking a pond? We have a fresh water pond (about 100' across and 6 - 7 ' deep) and would like to start raising fish in it. We are looking for bass, bluegill, etc and maybe a few catfish to help clean the bottom. Water is good, we put in minnows and they're doing fine.

spinner

Try Southern States in Charlotte Hall. I seem to remember they have fish come in from a hatchery once a year in the spring to stock ponds

Taz

Thanks for the info. I did manage to find a few sites online, but hesitate to order that way...wary of shipping live fish and having them arrive half dead.

spinner

We just started to get fish UPS where I work, tropical and saltwater, The owners were happy with the way they arrived. There is a fish hatchery in Garrett County, but that is a long drive. Have you tried the dept of natural resources or the dept of agriculture?

fisherMAN

Does anyone know where or what internet sites you can buy live rockfish(either fully grown,minnows, or eggs).And if it is not an internet site it wouldhave to be on the eastern shore