My "New" Camera

ylexot

Super Genius
I have started to collect vintage cameras. I want to use them to decorate my "office". Here's my latest acquisition...early to mid-1930's Rolleicord I with the nickel-plated art deco panels. There was only one model made like that. It needs a little cleaning and repair, but it should be a very interesting addition to the collection.

Attachments

• f730_1.JPG
    f730_1.JPG
    16.5 KB · Views: 116

flomaster

J.F. A sus ordenes!
Are you making it so the camera's you are restoring or obtaining work? That's pretty cool. I like to collect stuff that reminds me of when I was a kid. I have one of those old metal ice trays with the pull handle that busts the ice into cubes. Wish they would make old refrigerators with the big ppull handles and that funky seafoam green inside!! :lmao:

ylexot

Super Genius
flomaster said:
Are you making it so the camera's you are restoring or obtaining work?
I'm going to try. Take a look at another camera that I want to try to get (on eBay). Of course, getting film/developing for these cameras is a whole other issue...
flomaster said:
That's pretty cool. I like to collect stuff that reminds me of when I was a kid.
I'm not that old! :lmao:

Attachments

• 5301_1.JPG
    5301_1.JPG
    26.4 KB · Views: 106

flomaster

J.F. A sus ordenes!
ylexot said:
I'm going to try. Take a look at another camera that I want to try to get (on eBay). Of course, getting film/developing for these cameras is a whole other issue... I'm not that old! :lmao:

Go for it. Might lead to other things like an in home lab. :yay:

hvp05

Methodically disorganized
ylexot said:
Of course, getting film/developing for these cameras is a whole other issue...
Film, I can imagine. Developing could be fun! People are selling off entire sets of darkroom equipment for very little money.

hvp05

ylexot, I just found this site a couple minutes ago while searching for something else.

This web site is devoted to the study, collecting, and preservation of antique and classic cameras, vintage photographs, and the history of photography.

hvp05

ylexot said:
I like that
Those are all the characteristics that draw me to the field. I am not outstanding at drawing, painting or sculpting... but I do have a compulsion to create art. For me, photography is the perfect medium.

BS Gal said:
Desertrat has some old cameras. I'll have to point him to this thread.
I wish my Mom hadn't gotten rid of my Dads cameras. He had some good old stuff. Mine are 50s eras Exactas and Practicas.