Chanix

mingiz

Horse Poor
Chantix

This stuff is wonderful. :getdown: I've been a smoker for atleast 30yrs, a long time and this stuff works. I have tried the patches,zyban etc and nothing works as fast as this. You don't seem to get irritable, no bad cravings, and not eating to stop the craving. You continue to smoke when you start it, but in a few days you want to :barf: at the taste of one. If anyone out there wants to quit, this is the stuff to do it with. I'm on my 2nd week and I have no more cravings, just some times the physical craving of having a drag. But that is going away also. The only bad part of it is that my ins. didn't cover it. But the first month's supply is equal to a months worth of smokes.. So far it's well worth it.... :howdy: Also so far no weight gain.... :huggy:

Last edited:

mingiz

Horse Poor
If your really want to give it up. This is the stuff to get...Yes it is a perscription.

slik

mingiz said:
This stuff is wonderful. :getdown: I've been a smoker for atleast 30yrs, a long time and this stuff works. I have tried the patches,zyban etc and nothing works as fast as this. You don't seem to get irritable, no bad cravings, and not eating to stop the craving. You continue to smoke when you start it, but in a few days you want to :barf: at the taste of one. If anyone out there wants to quit, this is the stuff to do it with. I'm on my 2nd week and I have no more cravings, just some times the physical craving of having a drag. But that is going away also. The only bad part of it is that my ins. didn't cover it. But the first month's supply is equal to a months worth of smokes.. So far it's well worth it.... :howdy: Also so far no weight gain.... :huggy:

I started with this just this morning. The way the day is going I hope it has some effect. I'll let you know how I do in a week.

I am on my fourth week of Chantix...and it realy WORKS....I have tried everything with no luck. With Chantix, no cravings or withdrawal or moods. I wish they had this out 20 years ago.

mingiz

Horse Poor
This is my first day that I haven't had a cig in my hand.So far so good. After about the 3rd day a drag of a cig tasted nasty and nauseated me. Good Luck. I hope that I won't go pass the month supply I have.The only problem I have with this stuff is nausea right after I take it , but it goes away. Did have a few headaches also but that could of been the weather for me....

I understand the nausea is a common side effect but that it will go away. Are you taking it with food? That is recommended. Also there is a web site that goes along with this med to help with encouragement and support. It's www.chantix.com. I have found it to be very helpful. I smoked for about 47 years and this is the first time I have been able to quit for more then a few hours. It's been a month and I must say I feel great. If the tobacco industry doesnt squash this stuff soon they may be out of business!

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
KAT20619 said:
I understand the nausea is a common side effect but that it will go away. Are you taking it with food? That is recommended. Also there is a web site that goes along with this med to help with encouragement and support. It's www.chantix.com. I have found it to be very helpful. I smoked for about 47 years and this is the first time I have been able to quit for more then a few hours. It's been a month and I must say I feel great. If the tobacco industry doesnt squash this stuff soon they may be out of business!

Ahh...thanks. I was just telling Otter about this on our ride in this morning. I told him I couldn't find much on it. I see it was spelled wrong in the first post.

PrepH4U

mingiz said:
Oh that is great news! Today is my second day on it, did you continue to smoke the first week like they suggested?

Yes I smoked for the first nine days on the meds, but it's funny each day I smoked less and less and often even forgot to light up. I just wanted/needed them less and less each day. I have followed the on line support site, I am sure you will find it very helpful. On day ten I didn't light up and have not since then, I am now on the third day of month 2. It's recommended that you do the entire 90 day course and possibly another ninty days to make sure you stay quit. I am noticing that I smell better, my cats smell better, my house smells better and my bank account looks better. The site also tracks how much you save each day you smoke and offers a hot line support and you can request they mail you a getquit kit. Pretty neat, Huh

PrepH4U

KAT20619 said:
Yes I smoked for the first nine days on the meds, but it's funny each day I smoked less and less and often even forgot to light up. I just wanted/needed them less and less each day. I have followed the on line support site, I am sure you will find it very helpful. On day ten I didn't light up and have not since then, I am now on the third day of month 2. It's recommended that you do the entire 90 day course and possibly another ninty days to make sure you stay quit. I am noticing that I smell better, my cats smell better, my house smells better and my bank account looks better. The site also tracks how much you save each day you smoke and offers a hot line support and you can request they mail you a getquit kit. Pretty neat, Huh
yes it is! :flowers: I checked my website last night and they said they will have it all ready for me today. Also signed up for the daily emails which I am looking forward to receiving. Wow you are doing great! I hope I can do the same! Good luck to all! Let's update this thread to show everyone's progess.

mingiz

Horse Poor
I get alittle nausea but it goes away fast. I do eat and drink water with them. I don't think I will do 90 days worth though...I have a co-worker that started on it today. Be fun to see how he does considering he would smoke 2 at a time on breaks...I was ready to quit just needed the extra help and so far so good and the best part is no weight gain so far and no munchie fits....

PrepH4U

mingiz said:
I get alittle nausea but it goes away fast. I do eat and drink water with them. I don't think I will do 90 days worth though...I have a co-worker that started on it today. Be fun to see how he does considering he would smoke 2 at a time on breaks...I was ready to quit just needed the extra help and so far so good and the best part is no weight gain so far and no munchie fits....
That is great! :huggy: I am ready to quit also and figured if I get the nausea I will eat tums, if sleeplessness occurs I will take something to sleep. I am on strong antibiotics now with nausea so for first couple of days the antibiotics will have the blame! :lol: My stop day is next Thursday, I am really excited to see how it will go.

I believe you will be delighted with the results and how easy it really is...I like the idea of keeping the thread going, sort of like a local support group and maybe spread the word about this wonderful stuff!!!

mingiz

Horse Poor
KAT20619 said:
I believe you will be delighted with the results and how easy it really is...I like the idea of keeping the thread going, sort of like a local support group and maybe spread the word about this wonderful stuff!!!

:yeahthat:
I still have empty smoke packs in my truck. I looked at them and say no more smoke smell in my new truck. I never used the ash tray in it and always held the cig up to the window. Plus I won't have to listen to people preach at me anymore.... :killingme Before I just wanted to :smack: them...

PrepH4U

Hey slik & mingiz how is the quitting going? I am still taking it, the nausea has become a daily occurance which doesn't last long as long as I eat something. Had a few horrible headaches, I am not sure if it is the chantix or the cutting back of coffee which is a big trigger for me. I have not totally quit, I am down to 4 ciggs a day(from 2 packs) and made it through a 3 day weekend without killing anyone or increasing my daily cigg ration. In my mind I know it should be very easy to stop entirely now that I am down to 4. I feel I am at a very dangerous crossroad, I smoke one and then the body immediately says hey take another. :lol: I don't smoke during the day at all now, But then I am afraid of what I will do to others if I give up my nasty friend for over 30 years. Any advice?

Just hang in there and keep trying, I smoked for over fourty years and now have not had any cigs in one month and have not murdered anyone (yet), really, it's not bad, you may be doing yourself more harm then good by keeping going with the four per day. After about a week smoke free I could smell things I hadn't before, I can walk 10 times further now then before and sleep much better. The online support program is really good, its at www.chantix.com. It's been a great help to me, especially the part that tracks how much money you have saved day by day. Best of luck to you.