Luggage

Blondie76

Can anyone recommend a brand of durable luggage that is reasonably priced? I've heard Samsonite is good. What about American Tourister?

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Blondie76 said:
What about American Tourister?

I find them very durable. I have a carry-on wheel-around that's about 5 years old and have had nary a problem with it. It's taken several cross-country flights with me and survived the baggage handlers. :yay:

My traveling companion, who had a cheap knock-off, wasn't so lucky after one flight and had his underoos scattered everywhere when his bag came out looking like a pretzel. Thank goodness for duct tape. :lmao:

Blondie76 said:
Can anyone recommend a brand of durable luggage that is reasonably priced? I've heard Samsonite is good. What about American Tourister?
If I ever buy another piece of luggage it will be picked mainly for its ability to stand out from the other bags on the carousel.

Blondie76 said:
My luggage is about 50 years old and still looks as good as new. Brown hardsided Samsonite.
Just like this suitcase.
enlarge.php

Last edited:

alex

I looked at a lot of bags for an upcomming trip to Europe. I have used many types of bags over the years including travel backpacks (do not go there if you can avoid it).

After all my research I bought a rolling duffle from Travelsmith. It even came with 4 packing cubes. It is sturdy and has little feet so you can stand it up on end with out tipping over. I love it because the main compartment unzips down the sides so you have total access to the inside of the bag. Plus it was only about $120.

I find that Travelsmith products are decently made and last.

hvp05

Methodically disorganized
desertrat said:
If I ever buy another piece of luggage it will be picked mainly for its ability to stand out from the other bags on the carousel.
Why not buy the bag you want and then tie a bright tag or ribbon to it? I thought this is what most people do anyway.

I don't own any Samsonite luggage, exactly, but I do own a camera bag made by them. I've owned it for nearly 3 years; during that time it has been in forests and cities, and traveled thousands of miles. And it's still in excellent shape.

Samsonite is highly popular, and I guess there's good cause.